Honored Contributor

What is up with all the movies, is this permanent?  They pretty much have turned into a movie channel.  Usually Lucy is on in the mornings, today its movies again.  I rarely watch Hallmark, only when they have regular programming.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919: I think the movie marathon may be done as a promotion for Hallmark's winter romance movies. I took a look at the schedule and see that Lucy reruns are still on in the morning but...from 5:00AM - 8:00AM EST. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

What is up with all the movies, is this permanent?  They pretty much have turned into a movie channel.  Usually Lucy is on in the mornings, today its movies again.  I rarely watch Hallmark, only when they have regular programming.

@sunshine 919, I agree with your post.  I was looking forward to the New Year when the late night movies stopped and was going back to regular programming.  They used to have the Golden Girls on from 11 pm until 1 am, then episodes of Frazier after that.  And that included on the weekends.

I've noticed the Golden Girls doesn't start until midnight and keeps going for hours; (I usually fall asleep during that time).  I have no idea if Frasier is on anymore.

Now they're having movies on from Friday night through Sunday night.  I wish they would go back to the regular programming.  I've ended up going to the game show channel which is "ok" but not my favorite.  It's frustrating. 

Trusted Contributor

I only watch Hallmark for the movies.  I became addicted in December with all of the christmas movies.  They were something to watch when there wasn't anything else worthwhile on.  

Respected Contributor

I was so disappointed with the 2018 Hallmark Christmas movies. Some of them were really boring. The only two that I really loved were A Veteran's Christmas and A Godwink Christmas. Every year they make more and more movies and the quality keeps going down.

The Winterfest movies haven't been so great either. I did like One Winter Proposal, but the rest didn't really hold my interest.

Anyway, I don't like the new late night/early morning schedule. I love The Golden Girls, but they added extra shows and Frasier went from six episodes to four. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I was so disappointed with the 2018 Hallmark Christmas movies. Some of them were really boring. The only two that I really loved were A Veteran's Christmas and A Godwink Christmas. Every year they make more and more movies and the quality keeps going down.

The Winterfest movies haven't been so great either. I did like One Winter Proposal, but the rest didn't really hold my interest.

Anyway, I don't like the new late night/early morning schedule. I love The Golden Girls, but they added extra shows and Frasier went from six episodes to four. Smiley Frustrated

Winter Castle is a brand new one that I love. I’ve watched it 4 times already!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I reached total saturation with Hallmark before Christmas. All those mediocre movies all cut from the same cloth and featuring the same actors... Was looking at their schedule last night and today and thought what a good way to lose viewers... On and on and on with their 'winterfest previews' or whatever... It'll just be more of the same only instead of Christmas it'll be all about winter... The Mystery channel has had more or less normal programming and I think the regular channel returns to somewhat normal programming (whatever normal is for them...) on Tuesday... I watched one of the new mystery series, on and off, on DVR... It was all right... Nothing to get excited about and the casting, dialog and acting, as usual, were largely average...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Winter Castle is a brand new one that I love. I’ve watched it 4 times already!

I love the Golden Girls too, but the problem is they seem to keep repeating the same handful of episodes. The show was on for seven year and I don't think we're seeing all seven seasons. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just that they seem to repeat themselves so often because they're on every day...

I thought this years Christmas movies were pretty weak too... Thought it was unfortunate they seemed to show the same few SO many times, rather than feature some of their older (and better) offerings... I liked Godwink Christmas but thought Veteran's Christmas was pretty bad... There were one or two other of the newer movies from this year and the last year or two I thought were all right, but obviously they're forgettable because I can't recall any of the names...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like all movies, some Hallmark movies are better than others. But in the web of  horror, blood and gore and overdone sex offered on other channels, the Hallmark movies come off pretty well.

Yesterday we got the Hallmark Drama Channel, and one of their first offerings was Sarah Plan and Tall.  It came at a good time for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I've seen it several times before.  Thanks to Hallmark for this. I look forward to spending many hours with this new channel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Lucy will be back on week nights.  I think the movie thing will be weeknds.  Love the Golden Girls - it's the only show I honestly break out langhing over.  But to me, Lucy is an arrogant b@X*h in her show - caring nothing for how she damages her husband and uses her friends. I don't enjoy watching her unfortunate attitude on the show, so I rarely tune in. Really don't care for Frasier either, so Hallmark suits me fine.  And sometimes watch GSN. Way too much Family Feud, though. Prefer America Says andChain Reaction.