Regular Contributor

I couldn't believe my ears this morning when I heard the announcer on the Hallmark Channel say something to the effect "If you love our Christmas movies, you are really going to love our Valentine movies beginning January 31." Are they crazy?

Honored Contributor

LOL, I haven't heard that, but that will only be 2 weeks till Valentines Day!

I have been watching Hallmark Christmas Movies since Thanksgiving night, and have really been enjoying them, tonight is a new one ............... Christmas Under Wraps!

Regular Contributor

In a word yes! I am not a fan of their Christmas 24 hours a day (it's ok now that it's after Thanksgiving but not before - that's just me) but I used to watch both the Hallmark & Hallmark Movies & Mysteries every day but since they switched to Christmas I have watched some of the premier movies on Saturday but do not watch daily anymore. If they plan to continue with Valentines 24 hours a day I will continue not watching. I used to watch I Love Lucy on Hallmark every day but they have so over edited the episodes it's begun to ruin it. MeTV runs it at 7:30 so I have been watching that & then I either watched taped shows or TCM.

Honored Contributor

Ughhhh, I am soooo sick of those Xmas movies on Hallmark. Reruns on top of reruns. I have fallen asleep on one only to tune in the next day and the same one is playing. And I have 2 Hallmark channels in my bundle, unavoidable. They've been running at least 2 months already. And 2 Lifetime channels as well. They show the same movies but at different times.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I only watch late at night, not all day, and so far, the ones I've watched, I have never seen before!

Honored Contributor

What? Whenever I need a pick up I tune into that channel. I'm not ready for Valentine's Day. At my age I feel like life is moving too fast as it is. I want to slow it down, not speed it up.

Honored Contributor

Watched a really cute movie last night on Hallmark, One Christmas Eve!

Respected Contributor

Hooty, I was just going to make a post about how much I disliked that movie. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I really enjoy Anne Heche but I was so disappointed that she starred in, what I considered, such a dark and depressing movie. They had been advertising One Christmas Eve for almost a month and I was so looking forward to it. Part of it was because I'm a huge Beagle lover. To me, the dog was the only good part of the movie.

I know it was suppose to be about how she wanted to give her kids a memorable Christmas Eve and I guess she accomplished that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I like to watch Christmas Movies to get a good feeling. This one just gave me a feeling of sadness.

In fairness, I guess the end was happy. It was nice to see his daughter come home.

We all like different kinds of movies so I'm glad that Hallmark provides a variety of movies.

You mentioned "Christmas Under Wraps" now I did enjoy that movie. I like Candice Cameron Bure. It was a little difficult to imagine her as a doctor but the movie was fun and lighthearted.

I guess I'm in the minority because I really enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies, with one exception, Lol... I actually look forward to seeing them each year.

I have to say that my favorite is… The Christmas Card. I bought that movie and I enjoy watching it many times over.

Honored Contributor
On 12/1/2014 J Town Girl said:

Hooty, I was just going to make a post about how much I disliked that movie. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I really enjoy Anne Heche but I was so disappointed that she starred in, what I considered, such a dark and depressing movie. They had been advertising One Christmas Eve for almost a month and I was so looking forward to it. Part of it was because I'm a huge Beagle lover. To me, the dog was the only good part of the movie.

I know it was suppose to be about how she wanted to give her kids a memorable Christmas Eve and I guess she accomplished that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I like to watch Christmas Movies to get a good feeling. This one just gave me a feeling of sadness.

In fairness, I guess the end was happy. It was nice to see his daughter come home.

We all like different kinds of movies so I'm glad that Hallmark provides a variety of movies.

You mentioned "Christmas Under Wraps" now I did enjoy that movie. I like Candice Cameron Bure. It was a little difficult to imagine her as a doctor but the movie was fun and lighthearted.

I guess I'm in the minority because I really enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies, with one exception, Lol... I actually look forward to seeing them each year.

I have to say that my favorite is… The Christmas Card. I bought that movie and I enjoy watching it many times over.

I so enjoyed that movie the other night!! Hope it is on again soon since I missed the beginning. Candice is a really good actress.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

J Town Girl, it had a happy ending and yes, it was sort of depressing with so much happening to them!

I missed Christmas Under Wraps, I was watching my college team football game! I hope they have it on again!