Super Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown To Christmas - in 4 days!

How about a ""Countdown to Halloween"" or ""Countdown to Thanksgiving"" first? NOT ready for CHRISTMAS.

Respected Contributor

On 10/27/2014 VaBelle35 said:

That is a new movie for me. I just put that in my tivo to record.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The short synopsis in my previous post doesn't do the movie justice. Maureen O'Hara is wonderful in her role. Her character is a no-nonsense, somewhat icy woman with a "secret." She lives alone in a gorgeous old mansion, until her declining health requires her to hire a younger couple with a daughter as live-in assistance for her and her home. There's more, but I don't want to spoil it. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

I usually watch a few of them. Over this past weekend I binged watched all 7 Good Witch movies that Hallmark showed in preparation for the new Spring 2015 series.

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 i like celery said:
On 10/27/2014 VaBelle35 said:
On 10/27/2014 MESPal said:

YEA!!! Can't wait and I'll be glued to this channel, HM&M, TCM, INSP and all others daily.

Here is a wonderful site for ALL the Christmas, Thanksgiving and Holiday specials and movies (It's updated almost daily):

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2014/09/christmas-movie-tv-schedule-hallmark-up.html

Enjoy!!

Great link. Thanks.

I have been enjoying INSP lately. They run JAG, so what's not to love about that ;o)

Yes, thanks for the link MESPal. I just used it to look for one of my favorite Christmas movies, and saw "my" movie is scheduled to air on Dec 7 @ 11 AM on the INSP channel. It's an older Hallmark movie titled, The Christmas Box. I always try to watch it each holiday season. It stars Maureen O'Hara, Richard Thomas, and Annette O'Toole. Here's a short synopsis for anyone interested:

A ski-shop owner reluctantly moves himself, his wife, and his daughter into an estate as live-in help for an elderly widow. While struggling to balance his career and family life, he has recurring dreams about an angel.

Thanks, I Like Celery and VaBelle! I love the website year round, but Net (as she's called) does a wonderful job of compiling and updating the list. I found it years ago and check in advance for my favorite movies and any new ones I want to watch and set my DVR.

War Eagle!
Honored Contributor

I love, love, love all the holiday programming but not this early.

These movies will be shown 100 times, or so it seems, so I'll forego watching them until the week of Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

It's going to be downright chilly on Saturday here in the DC area, so it will be perfect Christmas moving watching weather ;D

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

On 10/28/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I love, love, love all the holiday programming but not this early.

These movies will be shown 100 times, or so it seems, so I'll forego watching them until the week of Thanksgiving.

I agree. DH and I both enjoy them; just not so early. I wish they would wait until Thanksgiving to start them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so ready for some Christmas programs! But then, I was ready back in July!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

The Good Witch starts in the Spring? Oh darn I was hoping for tomorrow night as a Halloween surprise.

Honored Contributor

I'll pass.... I don't start my Christmas Season until the day after Thanksgiving, not the day after Halloween.