Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel & Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News 2018

@Wsmom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I've said it before and I'm now saying it again but I do not understand why, with the volume of movies they have in the vault, they keep showing the same ten or so... Over and over again, day after day, at all hours... day and night... Some of the movies they've shown in years past are a good bit better than most of this same small sample they keep tossing out there this year and I believe last year was pretty much the same thing. They really could do with a better mix.

ICAM but it seems they hold the older, better movies for the other channel that we have to pay extra for.  I can't remember what it's called.

You're probably right... Hope that works for them because there's just no way I'm paying to see their Christmas movies or, as far as it goes, anything else they produce... For me, their offerings are pure time fillers, innocuous but nothing I'd really crave...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is the first year they have been playing the newer movies in heavy rotation.

For two years after Let It Snow and Christmas Under Wraps, they would only play it once a season and didn't offer them on DVD until last year.

I think the Chrismas Movie Madness game they have been playing in the spring the last two years gives them an idea of people's favorites and they are putting them in heavy rotation.

I'm not going to lie, I have both of the above movies on DVD AND saved on my TiVo and I've probably seen them 3x each since Halloween.  I have a 4 channel tivo and I have both HC and HMM on two of them.  When I sit down in front of the tv and flip between them and see an of my favorites on, I get sucked in and watch.

I did see an old Terri Polo movie the other day.  Terri Polo was the Candace Cameron Bure of HC for many years in the beginning with 6 movies (from what I can tell on Wikipedia).  She was in Movie #7 a couple of years ago, JR Family Ranch.

Let it Snow, despite Candace Cameron's limited acting skills, is one of their better efforts... It was very pleasant, beautiful scenery and I've watched it more than once. With maybe one or two exceptions, there isn't anything they've unveiled this year I plan to watch again, so all the repetition isn't doing them any favors at my house... And what can I say, I guess those they've discerned as 'fan favorties' aren't, for the most part, among mine... 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

I had Last Vermont Christmas on my DVR and just last evening I watched it.     I watch all of the Hallmark Christmas movies and this one was the absolute worst.  

The supporting actors were terrible.   The mother and the younger sister just got on my nerves.   The middle sister and her husband seemed like robots.   Even the little girl was irritating.   

The whole premise of the story was just ridiculous.   Three adult women acting like children because their parents were selling the house and retiring.    By the middle of the movie I thought I was going to scream if one more person said where are we going to spend Christmas next year.    What a bunch of whinny women.   

I won't even get into how ridiculous it was that she was married, widowed and hadn't seen him for 15 years and yet after just a few days she was madly in love with him.  Naturally, he carried a torch for her during their 15 years of separation.   Could that movie have been any more insipid?

As I am typing this, I am wondering why I sat through such an excruciating ordeal.  All I had to do was delete the movie.  I guess my excuse was that I was killing time before bed.  Lol!

@J Town Girl  forgive me for this but I am secretly pleased when I read others are torturing themselves also. I don't know what it is with these movies. Most of the time whether I'm watching from my DVR or in real time no mater how terrible it is, I can't turn it off. It's like I've been hypnotized and I can almost hear: "You cannot turn the channel. You must watch."

Ladies... take hold of yourselves... You can do it... You can either hit 'delete' or change the channel... But I agree with you both. Last Vermont Christmas was among the ulitmate stinkers they've come up with...

Honored Contributor

I agree with you.  So far, none I need to see again.

The only one I might watch again is Pride Prejudice & Misletoe only because I wasn't paying 100% attention to it when I first watched it and I missed some minor points.

Same with Shoe Addict's Christmas.  I caught a re-run and it filling in some of the blanks I missed when not paying attention.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

There's one thing that I always notice and find strange about the Hallmark movies and other holiday/winter made for TV movies.  When it seems to be freezing outside with snow on the ground, the women are always in unbuttoned coats.  I never go outside in the cold without buttoning my coat and have never noticed others doing it either.  I'm watching a movie on Amazon Prime right now called Falling For Christmas, and the star and her mother are sitting outside in the cold with scarves, hats and gloves and unbuttoned coats.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

i rarely button my coat and often go without a coat. just dont like feeling so constricted.

i sometimes just do a poncho or cape or ruana or a barefoot dreams topper.....even when it is below freezing. sometimes i add gloves and i rarely wear a hat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

has anyone watched CHRISTMAS EVERLASTING?

i thought it was very well done and not too heavy on the "love story" issues if those "bother" you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

There's one thing that I always notice and find strange about the Hallmark movies and other holiday/winter made for TV movies.  When it seems to be freezing outside with snow on the ground, the women are always in unbuttoned coats.  I never go outside in the cold without buttoning my coat and have never noticed others doing it either.  I'm watching a movie on Amazon Prime right now called Falling For Christmas, and the star and her mother are sitting outside in the cold with scarves, hats and gloves and unbuttoned coats.

And by the same token, I've often noted the characters bundled up like Nanook of the North, but not wearing any gloves as they make their way through the snow, sometimes even throwing snowballs... Not always, but enough that it's sort of a disconnect or a lack of continuity that probably wouldn't happen with a more serious production. Of course, it's been noted many of these movies fake the winter settings so they probably aren't actually cold.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

has anyone watched CHRISTMAS EVERLASTING?

i thought it was very well done and not too heavy on the "love story" issues if those "bother" you.

@sunshine45  I saw that and liked it quite a lot.  I might have posted on it after I saw it.  It was a little bit different storyline than the usual.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Yes it was probably the best one of the season so far.  It was based on a book and had a higher budget since it was a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie.

I'm 5 movies behind.  I'm watching Homegrown Christmas right now with Lori Loughlin.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN