Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel & Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News 2018

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Chesapeake Shores starts August 5.

I was hoping they would drop the music angle but it appears they will be keeping it from some of the things they have posted on Facebook.

There's nothing else on, so I'm sure I'll watch.

Ohmygosh, @VaBelle35, I totally agree about the music angle.  I think Jesse Metcalfe must have it in his contract this his character performs.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom  The complaints on Sherryl Wood's Facebook page say it all.  People are really disappointed in this show because about the only thing they follow from the books is the characters' names and the name of the town.  LOL

I wonder if Sherryl Woods is disappointed, too.  I know she was very happy with the casting, but hasn't said much since it aired and people started posting their disappointment.

Similar to that Andie McDowell Mitford movie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

From It's a Wonderful Movie:

It's official! Parade.com just unwrapped the best news!

"Gold Crown Christmas Week," as we anticipated, begins Friday, June 29th and runs until Sunday, July 8th on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

Plenty of past favorites will be seen, according to Parade.com, such as: Christmas Homecoming (Julie Benz, Michael Shanks), Engaging Father Christmas (Erin Krakow, Niall Matter), Christmas in the Air (Catherine Bell, Eric Close) and Christmas in Angel Falls (Rachel Boston, Paul Greene).

"Christmas Keepsake Week" begins Friday, July 6th and runs until Sunday, July 22nd on the Hallmark Channel! We shall see lots of premieres from last season, according to Parade.com, including Switched for Christmas (Candace Cameron Bure, Eion Bailey), Coming Home for Christmas (Danica McKellar, Neal Bledsoe) and Christmas at Holly Lodge (Alison Sweeney, Jordan Bridges).

No word from Parade.com on Hallmark Drama, but it was previously mentioned that they would air Christmas movies beginning July 23rd. More news will surely be more forthcoming there.

Hallmark Movies Now is also joining in on this annual tradition - by offering Christmas movies through Hallmark's streaming service! Wherever you watch... it's surely going to be an enchanting month of Christmas movies!!!

Enchanting...? if you say so...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I had to laugh out loud during the ending of The Perfect Bride 2 with the Hallmark card.  

I thought the tub of Folgers in every movie was bad enough.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I watched Royal Matchmaker again and I enjoyed it.  I couldn't get into it the first time around and stopped after 15 minutes.

I always like to give them another try just in case I wasn't in the right mood for it

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the Hailey Dean series.  That hasn't been one of my favorites, but I've enjoyed these last two.  The second in this series of three this month was last night.  Has anyone else been watching?  Do you think we know the person who killed Will at this point, or do you think he/she will be introduced in the next one?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35  i also enjoyed Royal Matchmaker -  watched it a couple of times.  i'd like to see much much more of Bethany Joy Lenz - she is pleasant to watch.  there are times when i just want something that is comfortable to watch, no controversy, for sure with a happy ending.  if you throw in Christmas, some beautiful views or houses and clothes, all the better!  i know what the Hallmark formula is when i turn to it.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@VaBelle35  i also enjoyed Royal Matchmaker -  watched it a couple of times.  i'd like to see much much more of Bethany Joy Lenz - she is pleasant to watch.  there are times when i just want something that is comfortable to watch, no controversy, for sure with a happy ending.  if you throw in Christmas, some beautiful views or houses and clothes, all the better!  i know what the Hallmark formula is when i turn to it.

Agree, but even so, the 'formula' is executed with varying degrees of quality and success... I like Joy Lenz too. They should use her a bit more and some of the over-exposed Hallmark regulars a bit less...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack, I'm also enjoying the Hailey Dean series.    I've actually liked all of the movies in the Hailey Dean mysteries.     I also really enjoyed the Mystery Woman series.   

I'm not a huge fan of Kellie Martin but I do enjoy watching her in these mysteries.  

I'm not sure if Will's killer is going to be revealed at the end of this particular series. The fact that we are seeing three of these movies in a row certainly leads me to believe that a big reveal will be happening either next week or in the very near future.

Honored Contributor

Take heart, Hearties. When Calls the Heart will be joining you for the holidays again.

Hallmark Channel has ordered a When Calls the Heart Christmas movie to air later this year, EW has learned exclusively. Lori Loughlin, Erin Krakow, Jack Wagner, Pascale Hutton, Kavan Smith, and Paul Greene are among those actors reprising their roles in Hope Valley for this film, which will bridge seasons 5 and 6 of the family drama. Season 6 will premiere in early 2019.

The premise? A group of orphans are stranded in Hope Valley for the holidays, and Abigail (Loughlin) and the other residents band together to make this an unforgettable Christmas. Meanwhile, Elizabeth (Krakow) — who learned in the season 5 finale that she was pregnant with the child of the now-deceased Jack (Daniel Lissing) — is preparing to give birth and teaching her students about the art of selfless gift-giving.

In addition, there might be some sort of Christmas miracle in the works.

This will be the fourth When Calls the Heart Christmas movie, following in the snowy footsteps of 2017’s When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree, 2016’s When Calls the Heart Christmas, and 2015’s When Calls the Heart: New Year’s Wish.

Although Lissing has departed the series, he will be back on Hallmark Channel over the holidays, starring in his own Yuletide movie tentatively titled Kringles for Christmas opposite Brooke D’Orsay. Meanwhile, Krakow will reunite with Wendie Malick and Niall Matter for the third installment of the Robin Gunn Jones’ Father Christmas novel series titled Marrying Father Christmas.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN