Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel & Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News 2018

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@VaBelle35

I wish ALL the channels would adopt Hallmark's take on commercials....I mean its so ridiculous how many commercial breaks they have on TV these days....it's RIDICULOUS!!! 

Thats why I hope and pray for a good movie on TCM...other than a few promos in between movies its so refreshing to see a movie in it's entirely.....!!!! 

I prefer the Hallmark Mystery movies, not so much the Hallmark romance movies

My favorites are Aurora Teagarden Mysteries,  The Garage Sale Mysteries, and Murder She Baked......

Not so much a fan of Darrow and Darrow-the characters are too annoying....

I can tolerate the Teagarden movies, mostly because I read the books, which are really enjoyable. I have a hard time watching anything with Hallmark staple, Lori Loughlin. I just don't care for her. 

What I don't get is why they can't mix it up a bit... Do some of the old 'gothic' type mystery romances, do some Christmas mysteries at Christmas... and so on... It's like no one at Hallmark has any capacity whatsoever to think outside the box...

@stevieb

Yes, I agree it would be nice if they expanded their creativity and imagination.....why they have gotten as stale and predictable as a certain shopping channel Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know nobody cares, but I am ECSTATIC that I figured out how to add the Hallmark Mystery Channel to my package!! I get my satellite through my condo, so couldn’t very well change the package I had (is sooo cheap!) but discovered an add on package that included the channel.

I have already watched way too much - especially considering I have so many new shows on my DVR. Can’t wait to watch some of the shows discussed here. 😀

PS - I agree about the Holiday mystery movies.  I honestly don’t even think it’s particularly imaginative of a thought either.  It actually doesn’t make sense to me for them NOT to have some!  Or, even have a day/weekend  where they show the holiday episodes of the shows they televise. (Psych holiday movies, for example.)

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I know nobody cares, but I am ECSTATIC that I figured out how to add the Hallmark Mystery Channel to my package!! I get my satellite through my condo, so couldn’t very well change the package I had (is sooo cheap!) but discovered an add on package that included the channel.

I have already watched way too much - especially considering I have so many new shows on my DVR. Can’t wait to watch some of the shows discussed here. 😀

@Alter Ego  I'm glad you found it; it's a really good station and I watch it a lot also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - my mother has it on her Cable, so I would spend my time “visiting” her by watching the channel!! I can be a much better daughter now. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Hallmark... Sheesh... what can I say... It's like an 'entertainment' version of QVC... But wait, QVC is 'entertainment' right...? 

Smiley Wink

Hallmark has become less and less watchable as their movies get more repetitive and less well written, acted and produced... And they just keep re-running the same few episodes of their sitcoms over and over... I used to think of Hallmark as a resource but I increasingly don't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt Hallmark... Sheesh... what can I say... It's like an 'entertainment' version of QVC... But wait, QVC is 'entertainment' right...? 

Smiley Wink

Hallmark become less and less watchable as their movies get more repetitive and less well written, acted and produced... And they just keep re-running the same few episodes of their sitcoms over and over... I used to think of Hallmark as a resource but I increasingly don't...

@stevieb

Without my NFL football ---on a lazy Sunday afternoon--- where I just want to rest and recuperate....the mysteries are OK.  There's not much else on Sunday for TV viewing .....And not much else to watch on all the other channels the rest of the week too...With Hallmark Mysteries .I dont get it because there are some good mystery book series out there that could be made into a good movie or series.....I think they just dont want to spend the money on talent and production....

I agree about the Hallmark romance movies with their Disney ending...."and they lived happily ever" it gets pretty old, pretty fast.....and when it comes to the Christmas In July movies you almost need a shot of insulin they are soo sicky sweet.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

From It's a Wonderful Movie:

It's official! Parade.com just unwrapped the best news!

"Gold Crown Christmas Week," as we anticipated, begins Friday, June 29th and runs until Sunday, July 8th on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

Plenty of past favorites will be seen, according to Parade.com, such as: Christmas Homecoming (Julie Benz, Michael Shanks), Engaging Father Christmas (Erin Krakow, Niall Matter), Christmas in the Air (Catherine Bell, Eric Close) and Christmas in Angel Falls (Rachel Boston, Paul Greene).

"Christmas Keepsake Week" begins Friday, July 6th and runs until Sunday, July 22nd on the Hallmark Channel! We shall see lots of premieres from last season, according to Parade.com, including Switched for Christmas (Candace Cameron Bure, Eion Bailey), Coming Home for Christmas (Danica McKellar, Neal Bledsoe) and Christmas at Holly Lodge (Alison Sweeney, Jordan Bridges).

No word from Parade.com on Hallmark Drama, but it was previously mentioned that they would air Christmas movies beginning July 23rd. More news will surely be more forthcoming there.

Hallmark Movies Now is also joining in on this annual tradition - by offering Christmas movies through Hallmark's streaming service! Wherever you watch... it's surely going to be an enchanting month of Christmas movies!!!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Chesapeake Shores starts August 5.

I was hoping they would drop the music angle but it appears they will be keeping it from some of the things they have posted on Facebook.

There's nothing else on, so I'm sure I'll watch.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

All of the Hallmark mystery movies have the same plot and same characters...just different names and faces. Main character is a pretty young female...hates handsome young man when first meets him...he continues to pursue her....her problem is resolved with his help, and she then decides she loves him....the end.

Sometimes I will watch one...and the garage sale ones hold my interest the longest....the others I just can't spend two hours on. 

Honored Contributor

I'm watching some old ones this weekend.

I really like Back to You and Me with Lisa Hartman Black.

I am trying (one more time!) to understand My Gal Sunday.  I noticed this time around that it is based on a series of short stories by Mary Higgins Clark.  That sort of explains part of my problem.  I thought all the stories were part of the same story.  Plus all the flashbacks.

I'm 45 minutes in.  Never got this far.  I usually bail when they find the parents car.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN