Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel Actors/Actresses

@Mominohio wrote:

There are some actresses that are making a Hallmark Christmas movie every year. Some of them I can accept in all the different roles (like Candice Cameron Bure) and others not so much.

My only wish is that Hallmark would make something besides these romance things, especially in their Christmas movies.

You said it, mominohio!  They've had some really great movies, both Christmas and regular, but too often they get repetitive and hackneyed.  They need better writers so they're not giving us the same predictable plot line over and over.  I turn many of them off because of that. 

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching Hallmark movies, even though they are very prdictable and a bit "cheesy".  I pay attention to the clothes, how homes are decorated, the sights in different locations, etc.  I prefer these movies to most reality shows or anything with zombies or vampires.  I know what I am getting when I sit down to watch. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind seeing the same actors.    I enjoy some actors & watch a TV series for that reason.   I'm in the South, Tyler Perry has a huge film studio in Atlanta.   Many of the Discovery ID murder mysteries are filmed there "Made in Georgia" and sometimes I see the actors in one re-creation also appear as a different character on another.   These are actors who also have a life outside of acting, I'm sure it's a much easier lifestyle than trying to compete in NYC or LA.

If many of the actors in Hallmark movies are Canadian, there may be a big film studio in Vancouver.   The actors get the best of both worlds.   The can keep up their career as well as having a life outside of work--their own home, their kids in the same schools.

Respected Contributor

A really good ACTOR OR ACTRESS is believable in any role.  Like anyone else, I have a few favorites in the Hallmark roster, but I so much prefer the repetitive, happy ending redos to any of the current blood and guts horror films with screaming women, vampires, ax murderers, etc.  Life is scarry enough on its own. I don't need to sit watching murder and torture films - there's plenty of that on the news channels. Real life needs more happy endings.

Honored Contributor

Mostly all unknowns in these movies, movies are filmed cheaply, and the actors work for cheap.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. Saccharin sweetened  movies   with the same plot line over and over again...... with B rate out of work actors and actresses... they work for cheap because no one wants them.  The holiday movies are THE WORST...  with Santa and elves in them... gag me.

@151949 wrote:

They seem to have an in house staff of actors/actresses because their movies star the same people over & over. I frequently see some of the same folks who were on the Cedar Cove series on their movies now. It takes me a few shows to get over that someone I knew well in one role is now  a different character.

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoy Hallmark movies.  As others have stated, they have no violence.  I admit some are repetitive, but still a good escape from violence.

My favorites are the "Signed Sealed Delivered" series of movies with Eric Mabius and his "postables" staff at the dead letter office of the Postal Service.  Yes, they are simple characters but refreshing.  There are a lot of heartwarming movies in this series.  I believe it started out as a series, then just became a series of movies with a continuing them in the lives of the characters.  There have been a lot of guest stars like Carol Burnett and others.

I also enjoy some of the series on the UP Channel, like Heartland and Parenthood.

Respected Contributor

The movies are clean, with no offending language and usually a moral to the story. Fine with me.

Respected Contributor

My favorite is the Good Witch series and movies.  Does anyone know when the series will return?  I think the acting is good in their movies.  The writing is what needs to be improved.  I've been wishing they'd have those who write the more original movies write more for them.  I generally don't watch romances unless they're romantic comedies.  I find them boring unless there's an original plot.

Respected Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I enjoy watching Hallmark movies, even though they are very prdictable and a bit "cheesy".  I pay attention to the clothes, how homes are decorated, the sights in different locations, etc.  I prefer these movies to most reality shows or anything with zombies or vampires.  I know what I am getting when I sit down to watch. 

____

I agree!  I love Cassie's (sp?) home in The Good Witch.  I could move in there and not change a thing.