Honored Contributor

Hallmark Channel Actors/Actresses

They seem to have an in house staff of actors/actresses because their movies star the same people over & over. I frequently see some of the same folks who were on the Cedar Cove series on their movies now. It takes me a few shows to get over that someone I knew well in one role is now  a different character.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel Actors/Actresses

I noticed that too. 

Honored Contributor

Made for TV movies are in the "B class"............and usually employ lesser known actors.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

PBS has a stable  too.

Respected Contributor

Many of them are Canadian actors/actresses.

Honored Contributor

There are some actresses that are making a Hallmark Christmas movie every year. Some of them I can accept in all the different roles (like Candice Cameron Bure) and others not so much.

My only wish is that Hallmark would make something besides these romance things, especially in their Christmas movies.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

There are some actresses that are making a Hallmark Christmas movie every year. Some of them I can accept in all the different roles (like Candice Cameron Bure) and others not so much.

My only wish is that Hallmark would make something besides these romance things, especially in their Christmas movies.

I agree - they all have the exact same plot. I watch one or two but really, it gets dull.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I tried to watch the occasional hallmark movie, but I couldn't get into them. I found the plots too predictable, the characters not well developed, and the writing not very good. They seemed sort of cranked out versus well crafted. A happy ending-- and there always is one -- doesn't feel real or satisfying when the bad writing and acting don't draw us in and make us care for the characters in the first place? Too bad because I love a good holiday movie! 

Honored Contributor

Even though the stories are predictable, I'll take a Hallmark Christmas movie over most of the network shows. The ratings must be good for Hallmark to keep cranking them out.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

They seem to have an in house staff of actors/actresses because their movies star the same people over & over. I frequently see some of the same folks who were on the Cedar Cove series on their movies now. It takes me a few shows to get over that someone I knew well in one role is now  a different character.

It makes it so less believable. It's like when I first saw Tom Selleck in another tv thing and I said, 'wait a minute, he's Magnum.' It just doesn't work for me. Some of these actors are just type cast and I know they don't want to be but it is what it is.