Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Cancels Home and Family

My daughter loves everything to do with Hallmark.

When she came here to help me last Spring, every time I walked into the room she was watching something Hallmark.

That’s too bad.  I don’t watch it but I’m sure there are lots of people who do.

I’m more of a fan of reality murders, etc.

However, with so much angst going on in the world I think we could use more shows about happiness and good things in life.

Respected Contributor

I agree also.  When Christina left I was out.  She and Mark were real people, not artificial giddy people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Good!

I was done with Home and Family when Hallmark kicked Christina Ferrari out in 2016.  

Hallmark told its viewers they wanted a change.  Ferrari, led to believe she was doing a good job, was shocked.    

Was it age?  She was around 67 at the time replaced by a much younger, extremely thin, "bubbly teenager." 

Debbie Matenopoulos the replacement is certainly no teenager she's 46!

@Bhvbum 

I know that.  Was trying to make a point that Christina's replacement was "much" younger.  Call it "exaggeration for emphasis," something I do at times.  

Valued Contributor

I am not surprised.

I like Cameron Mathison but Debbie Matenopolis hav never been my favorite and as a result I did not watch the show that much. I was a fan of Cristina Ferrere. 
My husband and I watch the Hallmark channels and have our favorites but I guess in life there is change.

Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35   Uh-oh.  Hope not.  

Honored Contributor

I watched H&F long before Hallmark had it.  In the 90's, it was Chuck Woolery and Cristina Ferrare.  Then Chuck had heart issues and they brought in Michael Burger (who I loved, but I loved Chuck, too!).  Don't know if Chuck was pushed out, but I watched that till the bitter end with Cristian and Burger.  

When it was picked up again (I guess with Hallmark?) it was Mark Steines and Paige someone (Paige Zzzzzzz).  She left (or was pushed out?) and Cristina stepped in.

Hated when they dumped her and yes, it was because of her age.  She became very ill,  but is recovered (in remission) and then Woody got the boot because of sexual harrassment.  That floored me.  His wife was one of the founders for Stand Up to Cancer, which she unfortunately succumbed to.  Mark was ditched because he stuck up for some of the women being harrassed by Woody.  I guess Steines left before Woody?  I dunno, I couldn't stand the segments any more.  I like Kym Douglas and Sandie Newton (my husband has golfed with her a couple of times), but it just went down hill.  Debbie was just too full of herself and loud and tried to act younger and it didn't stick with me.  So sorry for everyone losing their jobs, but unfortunately it's still happening everywhere.  Even Hollywood.....

Honored Contributor

Hallmark Channel used to be called the Faith & Values Channel and a lot of the programming from there carried over to Hallmark in some crazy deal.

The history of how the channel came together is interesting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Never ever liked that show or the hosts. I'm not into those daytime shows. I tried it ages ago and that was enough for me.

Respected Contributor

Can't say that I'll miss the show, I rarely watched it. I never had any interest in the cooking or crafts segments. The only time I actually tuned in was if they were interviewing someone I had an interest in.

I liked Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare. I'm not a fan of Cameron Mathison.

Respected Contributor

Gee, I'm disappointed because I just began watching H&F a few months before they had to shut it down.

It was an enjoyable way to start the day.