Trusted Contributor

JMO Eminem grew up right close to where I grew up and I am a fan.....his story if you don't know you need to know, he is a survivor and writes all of his music.  All in all these performers have brought rap genre to what it is today.  I enjoyed it and it made me smile.

Honored Contributor

Re: Halftime Show comments

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I took a look since everyone was raving about it this morning.

After watching on Youtube, I know I'm supposed to be in love as a GenXer but my main music was the 80s not gangsta rap 90s which I get comes straight out of Compton where they were having the game.

It was a nice reflection of where they were and if you're into that type of rap, I get it but I personally didn't get the hype. I was more in awe that Mary J Blige from the East Coast was performing with the West Coast which back in the day NEVER would have happened. How far hip hop has come...

And Eminem is from Detroit.

@Lipstickdiva Eminem was mentored by Dre so he's automatically in with him. 

50 cent is from NY too. I forgot he did In Da Club last night. I know he had a beef back in the day with someone (Nelly I think?) but I didn't care enough to follow it back then or now.  Even in my 20s, I didn't get the rivalries and I'm glad everyone has grown up.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I haven't read all of the comments.  I did enjoy the half-time show, but noticed that every performer except Enimen was a person of color. I definitely have no issue with that, but hope that the NFL didn't do that to suppress the recent publicity of the lack of black head coaches in the NFL.

What about when all the entertainment was white, I don't think people were making a statement.  They decided to have legends in their field of music.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

i know it wasn't for everyone - but it's old school rap & hiphop. most of these artists are in their 50s now. As a lot of their fans... 

i'm sure the set was not built sturdy enough but too bad they  did not show off a couple cars on the roof of the set.  i LOVE vintage cars   Lowriders (at least one was)   

Watch the Trailer -  amazing effects...very well done!! especially the ocean waves breaking over piano keys!  its almost better than the show! and the cool cars kick it ! 

The Call | Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show OFFICIAL TRAILER

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

JMO Eminem grew up right close to where I grew up and I am a fan.....his story if you don't know you need to know, he is a survivor and writes all of his music.  All in all these performers have brought rap genre to what it is today.  I enjoyed it and it made me smile.

Me too, something about snoop that is likeable his old school dancing makes me smile.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hip hop isn't our preferred music genre so we just switched to something else.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

After watching on Youtube, I know I'm supposed to be in love as a GenXer but my main music was the 80s not gangsta rap 90s which I get comes straight out of Compton where they were having the game.

It was a nice reflection of where they were and if you're into that type of rap, I get it but I personally didn't get the hype. I was more in awe that Mary J Blige from the East Coast was performing with the West Coast which back in the day NEVER would have happened. How far hip hop has come...

@Laura14 50 Cent is from New York

Trusted Contributor

@Blueridge Liz wrote:

Don't care for this genre of music so skipped the half time show. The game was better than I thought it would be. Hard to beat the KC Chiefs vs Buffalo Bills playoff game.
Very disappointed in the commercials. 

I thought most of the commercials really sucked.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

And Eminem is from Detroit.

@Lipstickdiva Eminem was mentored by Dre so he's automatically in with him. 

50 cent is from NY too. I forgot he did In Da Club last night. I know he had a beef back in the day with someone (Nelly I think?) but I didn't care enough to follow it back then or now.  Even in my 20s, I didn't get the rivalries and I'm glad everyone has grown up.

@Laura14 and Dr. Dre and Eminem discovered 50 Cent.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Me too, something about snoop that is likeable his old school dancing makes me smile.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919 

Crip walking is NOT an "old school dance."  Smiley LOL

proxy-image.gifsnoop-dogg-dancing.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif