Honored Contributor

@elated   Those men were NOT "goose" stepping like North Korea soldiers do when marching.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at Tue, Feb 15, 2022-3.50.03 PM.png

I am assuming they were paying homage to the various black fraternities "dance/march moves."  No goose stepping there!  That is what I got out of it.  I could be wrong.

==============================

@gertrudecloset   elated was talking about these men......

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at Tue, Feb 15, 2022-3.41.13 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

That outfit spotlighted the part of her body that maybe wasn't the best part to be highlighted.  I'll leave it at that.  

@santorini  Let's just say she was NOT Monet Tejada size at the superbowl.......

proxy-image.jpg

whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Mary J. Blige Wears Dundas at 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show | POPSUGAR  Fashion

Mary J. Blige shines during Super Bowl 2022 halftime performance

Eminem, Mary J Blige & More Steal the Show During Super Bowl Halftime - E!  Online - CA

Trusted Contributor
@Sooner perhaps you can give an example of how you can have a grievance when you're supporting and enjoying a musical act?
Grievance and support are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Maybe a younger friend can help you understand what "grievance" means. 🤷‍♀️
Frequent Contributor

Well......at least it was diverse.................Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Halftime Show comments

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I haven't read all of the comments.  I did enjoy the half-time show, but noticed that every performer except Enimen was a person of color. I definitely have no issue with that, but hope that the NFL didn't do that to suppress the recent publicity of the lack of black head coaches in the NFL.

What about when all the entertainment was white, I don't think people were making a statement.  They decided to have legends in their field of music.Smiley Happy

I'd suggest taking a good long look at the halftime perfomers over the years. The mix has been significant. There has been a more than fair representation of artists. 

Yes but this is the first time ever the NFL had a hip-hop half-time show.  

Pretty sure many musical types and styles haven't been represented. The comment to which I was replying , though, was referencing white entertainers, as if Superbowl half times have not well represented both black and white artists. I invite anyone interested to reivew the list of halftime entertainers. You'll see diversity has not been an issue, hop-hop, such as it is, notwithstanding...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
@Soonerperhaps you can give an example of how you can have a grievance when you're supporting and enjoying a musical act?
Grievance and support are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Maybe a younger friend can help you understand what "grievance" means. 🤷‍♀️

@JamandBread Haven't we beaten this poor dead equine enough?  I have certainly said all I think about it.  I think it is pretty rude of you for what you said about I don't understand what "grievance" means and does make me understand you are judging people on the basis of a few facts that you know about they--like I don't care for the halftime act.

Now is that all YOU need to know about someone?  Sounds like it.  You might miss out on knowing a lot of nice people. . . 

Frequent Contributor

Jock itch 🙄

Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Mary J. Blige performs during the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show

Mary J. Blige's "Family Affair": The Meaning Behind The Hit Song

2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show: Best Memes – Billboard

Tym Wallace and Porsche Cooper served as Blige's hairstylist and makeup artist.

Wearing an outfit that looked not unlike an animal-print shattered mirror ball from high neck to sparkling, extra-long manicure to thigh-high boots, Blige emerged wearing Rapunzel hair that grazed the top of that footwear. The nearly platinum blonde color was accented by super soft, loose curls, while the middle part was flanked by natural-looking, light brown, contrasting roots.

Her outfit was TRASHY. Her pose in the LAST photo shows how LOW CLASS she is. Gotta LOVE her THUNDER THIGHS!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

The worst halftime show I've seen. Even the audience was silent. Remember when it was individual bands belting out tunes everyone could sing along with..it was family oriented. There's no way I'd want my children to mimic anything seen. 

You must have had your volume turned off.  I couldn't believe how loud the audience was and how much they seemed to love the show.