Honored Contributor

The last halftime show I loved was with Shania Twain. I've never been a trendy music person. I know that rap/hip hop are the popular stuff now, but it's not for me. I was never into disco, heavy metal, or whatever music is trendy. I'm listening to Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors" as I type this. Older country music, female vocalists, jazz, classical, and show tunes/soundtracks are more my genres. Give me Diana Krall, Celtic Woman, Linda Eder, The Cowboy Junkies, Lara Fabian, Sara Hickman, Laura Branigan, Eva Cassidy, (sadly the last two died too young), and countless others and I'd be happy. And my Google Home Hub is now playing Tanya Tucker. It knows my music preferences and the NFL doesn't.

One of the weird things was the number of people on Twitter arguing that if you didn't love that halftime show it proved you were racist. Uh, no. It simply proved you liked a different type of music. That's just not my music. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Halftime Show comments

[ Edited ]

Is there anyplace where Snoop Dogg isn't?? He's everywhere! What did he do clone himself? LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch halftime because I don't care about the artists. Eminem is OK, though not a favorite. 

Two of the best halftime shows were Lady Gaga (not normally a fan, but she put on a good show) and Prince. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I really liked it!!! Loved Eminem and Snoop!!! I don't think it was the best, the best for me is still and always will be Prince!!!!!!! But this was good, and different!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't get to watch the whole thing (forget to switch over to check when it was on in time) but I really enjoyed it.  Eminem killed it!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Loved it!  Enjoyed seeing all the rappers. Music got my head bopping.  Can't say I watched other half time shows. Don't care for country music or today's pop artists so the half time shows weren't on my radar to watch, but these 5 did a fantastic job. Well done!

Respected Contributor

Martha Stewart Sighting...

Martha Stewart, Tracy Morgan, Super Bowl 2022

Martha Stewart & Tracy Morgan

Regular Contributor

Absollutely THE WORST ever....  on Super Bowl Sunday most families allow their children to stay up later and join in the fun....and THIS half-time show was anything but rated for children/families...    I see why kids are turning out like they are - too many parents no longer care, no longer supervise, or teach by example...  too sad

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

It puzzles me that people support this genre and then complain about violence--which it promotes.

I won't condemn the entire genre, but it puzzles me that so many people don't seem to have any issues with Snoop.

@VanSleepy  Oh my husband does. If he saw him on our tv he might throw something at it. Let's just say my husband is a big police supporter and Snoop is certainly not.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

One of the weird things was the number of people on Twitter arguing that if you didn't love that halftime show it proved you were racist. Uh, no. It simply proved you liked a different type of music. That's just not my music. 

It's Twitter, consider the source, but sadly this is the state to which we've allegedly 'evolved'. Anyone taking any kind of exception to anything largely identified as having a strong Black link is now labeled. Wasn't part of the goal to stop labeling and profiling people and doesn't that mean all people... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...