Honored Contributor

This show airs tomorrow night on CBS at 8:00, hairstylists give DIY advice to celebrities. I'll watch as there isn't much to watch anyway. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Haircut Night In America

ugh.

Respected Contributor

A show about celebrities and hairstylists...hmmmSmiley Indifferent

Regular Contributor

Pass

Honored Contributor

Jordan2 - Boy do I need it. And from the looks of things salons will not be opening soon. I am getting desperate.

Yesterday, my appointment for my mammogram was changed for the 5th time. It is now rescheduled for July. If I can't get a mammogram until July just think when I will be be able to get a haircut.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Jordan2 - Boy do I need it. And from the looks of things salons will not be opening soon. I am getting desperate.

Yesterday, my appointment for my mammogram was changed for the 5th time. It is now rescheduled for July. If I can't get a mammogram until July just think when I will be be able to get a haircut.

@drizzellla would you actually try to give yourself a haircut?! I just on Monday colored my roots and temples because I was tired of seeing the gray. If you are interested in coloring your roots check out my thread in the beauty forum, I told what I used and how.

Honored Contributor

Jordan2 - I do not color my hair.  I am interested in cutting my own hair.

Yesterday I was pulling weeds and cutting old flowers. My hair was in my face every two minutes. I would brush it away and a gust of wind would come and hair would be in my face again.

My bangs are almost to the end of my nose. My hair isn't long enough to put into a pony tail. I am tired of brushing hair out of my face everytime I am outside, taking a walk, working in my neighbor's yard or just walking to my car from the grocery.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Jordan2 - I do not color my hair.  I am interested in cutting my own hair.

Yesterday I was pulling weeds and cutting old flowers. My hair was in my face every two minutes. I would brush it away and a gust of wind would come and hair would be in my face again.

My bangs are almost to the end of my nose. My hair isn't long enough to put into a pony tail. I am tired of brushing hair out of my face everytime I am outside, taking a walk, working in my neighbor's yard or just walking to my car from the grocery.

@drizzellla WILLPOWER!  Mine was like that at the beginning of all this and now I'm able to get most of it into an elastic band with just two bobby pins holding the sides.  I was tempted so many times to take the scissors to it but somehow managed to sit on my hands!

Honored Contributor

I'm watching this. I think it's fun and entertaining. I would never let someone that didn't know what they were doing touch my hair!

Respected Contributor

I watched. It was mildly entertaining. I loved the host's dog !

I have most of my life cut my own hair between haircuts at Great Clips. The stylists always tell me I do a decent job  (of course they maybe just being polite thinking of tip. ? ) Smiley Happy

As a senior with shoulder pain it is more difficult now. I have never been able to do my bangs as professionally as the stylists though.

As far as the roots I have never understood why 'the stars' can't just buy one of the root coloring kits online even for about $10. They are very easy and blend roots nicely . That has been my experience at least. Eva Longoria does the spray on thing very well in the commercial. Of course I am sure a nice paycheck goes along with that . Smiley Happy