Honored Contributor

HUMPHREY BOGART ROMANTIC SUSPENSE THURSDAY 11:30 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Flash Alert, decent thrillers ahead, sorry for short notice--

maxresdefault.jpg

11:30 a.m. Eastern--   "Conflict"    Humphrey Bogart, Alexis Smith, Sydney Greenstreet, Rose Hobart, Charles Drake

Architect (Bogie) schemes to replace his wife (Rose Hobart) with her unsuspecting sister (Alexis Smith).  Great production values-- sets, art direction--  and Sydney Greenstreet as a sleuthing psychologist!

3:15 p.m. Eastern--  "The Two Mrs. Carrolls"   Bogart, Barbara Stanwyck, Alexis Smith, Nigel Bruce, Ann Carter

thetwomrscarrolls1947.1406.jpg

Poor Bogie, he's once again a disillusioned husband, times 2!   An artist, he gets pretty crafty at "working around" his inconvenient wives, especially when there's an unscrupulous mistress waiting in the wings (Alexis Smith).  Stanwyck is a standout as usual, as an intelligent woman in love who can no longer ignore her growing unease...

Fun English country house setting...

And in between these two films, is fabulous Cary Grant in the Cole Porter bio pic "Night and Day",  filled with Porter's top flight songs and music--  1:00 p.m. Eastern.  It's all part of an Alexis Smith tribute.

db0703c4815fc5fe2ffa0ecf3f35ff8f--alexis-smith-cary-grant.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: HUMPHREY BOGART ROMANTIC SUSPENSE THURSDAY 11:30 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell   I love the film "Night and Day".  Now I can't stop singing,  "I've got you under my skin"

Honored Contributor

Re: HUMPHREY BOGART ROMANTIC SUSPENSE THURSDAY 11:30 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, yeah, @hayseed00 ,  it's a musical that packs such a wallop, because of all the talent involved!  I also love the film,  and Cole Porter who inspired it, is one of my all time favorites...