Honored Contributor

HOUSE OF WAX TCM THURS. 6:30 p.m. ET

This is another good Halloween movie offering, with Vincent Price and Carolyn Jones (Morticia Addams).

Honored Contributor

Re: HOUSE OF WAX TCM THURS. 6:30 p.m. ET

Love it, but no more TCM for me , almost 2 years now that we lost it. 

Honored Contributor

House of Wax rates among my top favorite horrors!  I always love Vincent Price in those genre movies.  House on Haunted Hill, The Tingler, the Poe series, he just made each and every movie better.  I thought Vincent Price a great actor and even though he made many of the horrors he was always impressive in the roles.  

House of Wax came out as a three D movie and my late girlfriend saw it in the movies with her three D glasses and always mentioned how much it frightened her  at the time. It doesn't frighten me now but I love seeing it !!!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

House of Wax rates among my top favorite horrors!  I always love Vincent Price in those genre movies.  House on Haunted Hill, The Tingler, the Poe series, he just made each and every movie better.  I thought Vincent Price a great actor and even though he made many of the horrors he was always impressive in the roles.  

House of Wax came out as a three D movie and my late girlfriend saw it in the movies with her three D glasses and always mentioned how much it frightened her  at the time. It doesn't frighten me now but I love seeing it !!!

@spiderw  Thanks for reminding me that had come out in 3D; I'd forgotten.  It did used to scare me as a young teenager, our Friday night horror movie TV show showed it often. It's not the least bit scary to me now, although the ending melting scene is quite creepy! 😱

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder @Pearlee .  It's one of my favorite VP movies too.  I'll definitely be watching!

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw 

@spiderw wrote:

I was 15 or 16 and worked at the candy counter at The New Mission Theatre in San Francisco , part time while going to high school, when this movie played there.  It just came out to the major theaters.  Also the first time for 3D.

Respected Contributor

The original 1933 version is also outstanding for it's time.

Esteemed Contributor

Also my next door neighbor live with Vincent Price when the neighbor was in one of the Big New York dance groups.  He later came back home to his mom,s house where she lived next door suffering and died of Aids.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This is another good Halloween movie offering, with Vincent Price and Carolyn Jones (Morticia Addams).

It is such a good movieSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

qvcaddiction and pearlee

Going to the movies to see horrors when I was young was always an adventure in the theater.  I remember seeing House on Haunted Hill with my girlfriend.  During the movie they had a skeleton fly across the ceiling while the audience screamed in fright, my girlfriend and I laughed because you could see a flashlight attached to the skeleton to give it light!!!!  We also remember the Tingler, another screamer.  Many seats had gadgets underneath the seats which went off during the movie to mimic the Tingler sounds.  Many  of us pulled our feet up on the seat screaming !!!!!  I always loved the movies which interacted with the audience, great times!