Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOUSE OF WAX TCM THURS. 6:30 p.m. ET

My hubby gets teased by his sister everytime House on Haunted Hill is on....

Their parents took them to see the movie in the theater, and he wet himslf when the skeleton comes out of the acid....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@mousiegirl Are you referring to the movie of the same title that Paris Hilton was in?  I also liked watching that, although it is definitely different than the original 2 movies.

Did anyone watch the movie that was on TCM today before House of Wax?  It was a 1960 movie called Eyes Without a Face.  I liked it, but I don't think it got good reviews.  

@Pearlee   Yes, that is the other House of Wax movie I was referring to, watch it every year.  I didn't know there were two original movies, when was the second made?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@mousiegirl Are you referring to the movie of the same title that Paris Hilton was in?  I also liked watching that, although it is definitely different than the original 2 movies.

Did anyone watch the movie that was on TCM today before House of Wax?  It was a 1960 movie called Eyes Without a Face.  I liked it, but I don't think it got good reviews.  

@Pearlee   Yes, that is the other House of Wax movie I was referring to, watch it every year.  I didn't know there were two original movies, when was the second made?

@mousiegirl   I think you meant to flag @Linmo .

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo   Yes, that is the movie.  I wasn't aware there were two originals, and this one, I can only find the original with Vincent Price, and the movie made in 2005 which I was referring to.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl The first one in 1933 is titled "Mystery of the Wax Museum".  It is the same plot as Vincent Price's "Wax Museum".  One of the things that I realized about the 2005 movie is that the same actor plays both of the evil twin brothers.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@mousiegirl The first one in 1933 is titled "Mystery of the Wax Museum".  It is the same plot as Vincent Price's "Wax Museum".  One of the things that I realized about the 2005 movie is that the same actor plays both of the evil twin brothers.  

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo   I didn't know that. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee Sunday on TCM is Burnt Offerings with Karen Black and Bette Davis.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee Sunday on TCM is Burnt Offerings with Karen Black and Bette Davis.  

@Linmo  Thanks, but I'll pass. I never "got into" that one.

Regular Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

There is another House of Wax that is scary,one of my favorites, made in 2005, much scarier than the original.  Usually, I favor an original, but this is different enough that one can't compare the two.

Although it is a broad remake of the '53 movie, it wasn't bad. Usually, at least for me, I haven't found many remakes even equal, let alone better, than the original but this one was different.