Honored Contributor

Re: HITSVILLE: THE MAKING OF MOTOWN ON SHOWTIME

@spiderw, you are welcome.

@Sooner, I know what you mean. I can't ever keep straight what's a Temptations song from what's a Four Tops song!
'
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner, I know what you mean. I can't ever keep straight what's a Temptations song from what's a Four Tops song!
'

@Pearlee AND don't forget the Spinners!  Archie Bell and the Drells. Jr. Walker and the All Stars!  And then the girl groups, OH my!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

'

That's an easy one for me. Levy Stubbs' voice was always recognizable on a Four Tops record. Always preferred them to the Temps.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

'

@Pearlee AND don't forget the Spinners!  Archie Bell and the Drells. Jr. Walker and the All Stars!  And then the girl groups, OH my!!!

The Spinners were with Atlantic Records but I loved them and saw them in concert numerous times. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

'

That's an easy one for me. Levy Stubbs' voice was always recognizable on a Four Tops record. Always preferred them to the Temps.

@Tique I agree with you on that!  I try to listen to my brain instead of the music and that's how I get fouled up!  Woman Very Happy   SOOOO much great music! 

Edited to add:  I just looked on You Tube and there is a great video of a live performance of the Four Tops Reach Out LIVE in 1967.  They looked like they were having a good time and it was NOT like their tv and stage shows you usually see.  He'd better be glad I wasn't there and ask to sing along!  People would have fled the place in droves! LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

'

The Spinners were with Atlantic Records but I loved them and saw them in concert numerous times. 

@Tique You are so lucky!  I lived in the sticks and the only band that ever came near was Paul Revere and the Raiders so at least I got to see Mark Lindsey!!!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I just saw a Motown tribute show called Hitzville in Las Vegas last week!! I love Motown!! Thanks for the heads up @Pearlee !!

@NicksmomESQ   Boy, would I love to see a Motown tribute show live!  I've seen several different live Beatles tribute shows and I'd go in a heartbeat to a Motown one (as opposed to going in a hearthrob  Heart to a Beatles one LOL).

Honored Contributor

Otis Redding is another whom I loved back then.  And Sam Cooke but he had his own label if I remember correctly.  OMG what songwriting talent in addition to that smooth-as-glass voice of his.

Esteemed Contributor

Motown & 70s music = my HEAVEN

set up to record Thank You @Pearlee 

Honored Contributor

Anyone here old enough to remember Barry Gordy's original record company before the name change to Motown Records?

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at Thu, Aug 22, 2019-9.28.58 PM.png

I still have my "Tamala" 45s.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif