Honored Contributor

Re: HITCHCOCK'S "SHADOW OF A DOUBT" TERESA WRIGHT, JOSEPH COTTEN SATURDAY 1:15 P.M. EASTER

One of the greats. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HITCHCOCK'S "SHADOW OF A DOUBT" TERESA WRIGHT, JOSEPH COTTEN SATURDAY 1:15 P.M. EASTER

@Oznell wrote:

He has good taste, @drizzellla --  if I recall, he's as much of a classic film aficionado as you are.... you taught him well!

Ha! Ha! We just watched a Joe E. Brown movie. It was Polo Joe from 1936. He had bought Joe E. Brown's autobiography for my birthday. So he wanted to make sure I saw the movie.

Honored Contributor

This is one of Hitchcock's finest movies but then I like most of his work.  The cast is great and moves the movie along holding your interest and keeping you wondering.  I agree, it is a great watch!

Honored Contributor

Those fabulous, bleak opening scenes of Joseph Cotten eluding police in an urban jungle--  love!   Each one like a painting.

Honored Contributor

This truly is one of the best movies ever.  I love it.  Joseph Cotten is amazing Teresa Wright is good in anything.  The whole cast is fantastic in this movie.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was interesting Teresa Wright had top billing.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Have you ever seen the 1991 version starring Mark Harmon as Uncle Charlie?  Not as good as the original of course but it's up there. Not bad for a remake.

What I liked about the remake was that it goes in depth about "Uncle Charlie." What was left out in the original is added in the remake.

EDIT:  I found the remake on YouTube.  Downloading it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExqHqfp0YY

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Wow, that is especially interesting, @Mz iMac .    Do you know, I've always kind of liked Mark Harmon, and wished he had had a 'splashier' career, in a way.  I can very much see him in this sort of role.  Of course, Joseph Cotten is a favorite, brilliant in this, and perfect as Uncle Charlie, but if they HAVE to do a remake, putting Mark Harmon in is pretty shrewd casting, in my book!

Thanks very much for the link, should be good!

Trusted Contributor

Another good movie,watched it again!