Honored Contributor

HITCHCOCK FEST WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

mwEuBWMJyebtJ1OP4W2jeRcVf3k.jpg

Starting off with "Vertigo",  which is one of Hitchcock's masterworks, but feel it has been on a bit much recently?  

"Marnie" starts at 10:15 p.m. Eastern.   Nice as a tribute to the late Sean Connery.   Love, love, that quintessentially Hitckcockian scene in the deserted office on Saturday, when a violent thunderstorm drives Tippi into Sean's arms....

And the Hitchcock continues past midnight....

Trusted Contributor

Re: HITCHCOCK FEST WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Thank you for the alert!  Though I wish Marnie was on first.  I saw Vertigo during the Thanksgiving Hitchcock marathon and missed Marnie. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

If your cable/satellite service offers On-Demand, or if you have access to the TCM app on streaming service, you should be able to watch Marnie any time it is convenient for you this month. I streamed Rear Window last week from TCM on a Roku. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved “Marnie” and recently watched it again on tv.  I looked up Tippi on my iPad (never far out of my reach) and am pleased to report she is still living and is 90 years old.

How time goes by.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

This was on not long ago and I caught most of it...again.

Sean was so magnetic in this movie and Tippi is so beautiful.  

Very entertaining!

Esteemed Contributor

thanks @Oznell for the heads up !!    some of my favorites!   Especially Marnie !   I will DVR the rest to watch at my leisure.  

Honored Contributor

6:45 am tomorrow N By NW, also shown recently.

Honored Contributor

In all the years since Marnie came out, I never watched the entire film until last night. I was always so bored and disappointed with it (I otherwise love Hitchcock films) that I never stuck with it. In memoriam to Connery I watched the whole thing last night and proved myself right -- it's awful. As Ben M stated in his intro, some people think it's a Hitchcock fail (that would be me) and some think it's great.  Ugh, I was so glad when it was over. Interesting though to see Bruce Dern in his first credited role, the first of a long list of bad guys!

I was so bored that I was distracted every time I saw Diane Baker onscreen, thinking to myself "I can't believe she ends up with The Fugitive!"  She is usually a fairly good actress but I found her also boring in this film, which I will never watch again!  👎👎