Valued Contributor

Why is that everytime I turn on HGTV Fixer Upper or Property Brothers is on. Today Fixter Upper was on almost all day. I used to like their show in the beginning but when they keep shoving it at you so much you just can't stand it anymore. 

Contributor

I hardly watch HGTV anymore because of all the repeats.  They need to develop more new shows for variety and stop the constant repeats (especially Fixer Upper).

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched a program on HGTV for months.  I'm sick if the Gaines Family and the Property Brothers, in addition to the other real estate programs.  HGTV drifted off in the wrong direction years ago and is no longer of interest to many people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There are some new shows, at least new to me, that I am enjoying....Home Town, Restored by the Fords, and Flip or Flop Nashville.  

There is a show on DIY network I enjoy called Restored. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I watched an episode of Home Town recently that I liked.  I hadn't heard of it until I read about it on these boards.  I also heard about Restored on DIY on these boards and have been recording it.  I like it a lot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj I like Restored too! Good show, and different.   Also like Hometown very much. 

Hope you are well. : )

Respected Contributor

When they have a new episode coming on during prime time which tonight is Fixer Upper then they run the repeats all day leading up to it. Same with Property Brothers and some of the others.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12wrote:

@dmod nj I like Restored too! Good show, and different.   Also like Hometown very much. 

Hope you are well. : )

Hi @Mj12  all is well in Jersey.  Hope you are doing well.

@NickNack @Mj12

I enjoy those shows because all the houses look different.  They all don't look like alike, aren't decorated the same, and seem to reflect what is the norm for the area. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch HGTV as much as I did.  With HH, if the price range of the homes are over a certain amount, I don't bother watching.  I do like International HH, but I get annoyed at Americans who want to live abroad exactly like they did at home. 

While I like Home Town, I am getting a little tired of the guys with the beards.  Last night, I just wanted to get some scissors out.

I do like to watch the Gaines, but I prefer the shows where they are looking at homes and not fixing up their own.

Finally, I like some of the Sunday night shows that are in the Caribbean or on islands in the States.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

I rarely watch anymore because they haven't been HGTV in a loooooong time. The Real Estate Channel is more applicable to what they are now.

I miss the original HGTV. Wish they'd come  up with an HGTV Classics channel.