Respected Contributor

HGTV series: A Very Brady Renovation

Nearly 50 years after The Brady Bunch first aired, the cast of the iconic series has reunited to renovate the original Brady home.

HGTV purchased the original Studio City, California home that was used for the exteriors on the series, which will be renovated to its 1970s glory by the cast members and stars from other HGTV shows.

This will all be filmed for a new TV special A Very Brady Renovation, airing on HGTV sometime in 2019. 

Joining the Brady kids at the walk-through were HGTV personalities Jonathan and Drew Scott (Property Brothers), Mina Starsiak and Karen E Laine (Good Bones), Leanne and Steve Ford (Restored by the Fords), Jasmine Roth (Hidden Potential), and Lara Spencer (Flea Market Flip). The network says A Very Brady Renovation, which is set to premiere in September 2019, will feature “additional surprise celebrity guests.”

Whoever they are, let’s hope they remember the all-important rule: Don’t play ball in the house.

Iconic house: HGTV purchased the original Studio City, California home that was used for the exteriors on the series, which will be renovated to its 1970s glory by the cast members and stars from other HGTV shows

This marks the first time in 14 years that all six Brady siblings - Maureen McCormick (Marsha), Christopher Knight (Peter), Susan Olsen (Cindy), Mike Lookinland (Bobby), Eve Plumb (Jan) and Barry Williams (Greg) - were seen together.

Prepping for the shoot.

Another one: The stars at the home alongside crew members

Barry Williams and Maureen McCormick.

Catching up: They were joined by the stars of several other HGTV shows
Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV series: A Very Brady Renovation

[ Edited ]

This sounds like fun!  I don't know who any of those names are, except for the Brady actors of course, but I think I'll check it out.  

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Does anybody know when, for the airing, so I can diary it?  TIA   c

Respected Contributor

Hmmm.  This sounds like fun, BUT, it is my understanding is that the real interior looks nothing like the TV interior.   And certainly not like it was in the 1970s.   That would be most of the fun.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Entertainment Tonight covered this Brady renovation for almost the whole show

last night.

The actors of Marcia and Peter look great. I have not seen Jan, Eve Plumb, on

t.v. in many years.

I have watched every episode at least once. When my daughter watched them

years ago, I watched some of them again.

Loved the Brady Bunch.

Sad that Florence, Bob and Ann Davis have passed on.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

This sounds like fun!  I don't know who any of those names are, except for the Brady actors of course, but I think I'll check it out.  

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt  According to the article, it will air in September 2019.

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Entertainment Tonight covered this Brady renovation for almost the whole show

last night.

The actors of Marcia and Peter look great. I have not seen Jan, Eve Plumb, on

t.v. in many years.

I have watched every episode at least once. When my daughter watched them

years ago, I watched some of them again.

Loved the Brady Bunch.

Sad that Florence, Bob and Ann Davis have passed on.

@threecees  I was surprised to see Eve Plumb doing the show. She has skipped alot of the reunion type shows over the years. Years ago I read that there was some friction between her and Maureen McCormick. Maybe that's water under the bridge now.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Please post again next September to remind us.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Please post again next September to remind us.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr  Gosh, I hope you're not talking to ME. I can almost guarantee you that I will NOT remember this, unless it's heavily promoted beforehand, LOL!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Glad to see them all together, it should be fun.

Esteemed Contributor

We watched most of the Entertainment Tonight segment about it.  Looks like it will be an interesting show since we enjoyed The Brady Bunch.  The actress who played Jan didn't have hardly anything to say in the parts that we watched. The one that played Marsha looked different from the last time I saw her in something--more make up and seems like she'd had some fillers or something.  As much as I enjoy seeing them, it seems like they just rehash the same old memories each time, but it's still good to see them.  Curious to see what they do with the house.  I believe they said they were adding about 2,000 square feet.  The inside did look very different compared to what we saw on the show.  Will be interesting to see how they turn it into the familiar set and what they do with it when they're done.