Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV’s Remodel Of Brady Bunch House

When it started last night I was watching another channel but they put in on every channel owned by that company to show the beginning of it.

If I heard correctly, they said it wasn't even a real house?  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

correct..  .i  read that they filmed in a studio all the time...

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

correct..  .i  read that they filmed in a studio all the time...

@cowboy sam so then what are they remodeling?!  It's only my personal opinion the whole concept of the show is just dumb then.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I wasn't paying much attention to all the hype but then I watched some of it and this isn't at all what I thought the show was going to be about.  It was interesting though.  I absolutely loved the Brady Bunch and still watch it in reruns when I can.

To this day, one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies is A Very Brady Christmas.

@Lipstickdiva I also enjoyed all the movies made after Brady Bunch aired as a TV show.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

I know but i read a review about it in last weeks Sunday paper magazine....

It doesn't make sense to me either... Adam Lambert  the singer also bid on the same house to remodel it  .

.but TLC for property brothers out bid him!

It was also stated the Property Brothers would also have him help remodel the house....????

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

My DH watches a show called Gas Monkey Garage and Richard Rawlings, the owner, bought a station wagon and re-did it.  I think he is going to be on one of the episodes with the car.  

Esteemed Contributor

No, I didn't watch the show.  I grew up in the area where the so called Brady Bunch house was located. 

The gals in the area were arrogant and unfriendly unless you were one of their crowd. 

Many families were blended as they were originally divorced from one another. Dads had girlfriends or were of the alternative lifestyle. 

Blondes had help from the bottle. 

Didn't understand all the hype about that television family or the story. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My DH watches a show called Gas Monkey Garage and Richard Rawlings, the owner, bought a station wagon and re-did it.  I think he is going to be on one of the episodes with the car.  

@Lipstickdiva  It has already aired but you can probably find it in repeats. It 

was 2 parts and with the second part, he and Greg, Barry Williams, were re-

peating the t.v. episode that Greg and Marcia had a competion who is the 

better driver. It involved stopping the Brady wagon closest to the cone with

out knocking over the egg on top of it.

I won't spoil the current episode for you. It was a bit silly. Hope you can find

it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I never watched The Brady Bunch more than a couple of times when it 1st aired, but I don't understand them wanting to put the interior back to the 70's era design/look like on the show.  It's not like the 70's were a shining home design era!  I can see having the outside reflect the 70's era (maybe) but I thought some of the ugliest furniture & interior design ideas & colors were from the 70's & I'd want to strip that ****** out of a house quicker than you can say "Avocado Green & Harvest Gold"!

Honored Contributor

I think it will be fun to watch.  The series was filmed in a studio and the house's actual interior was nothing like the TV sets.  So it will be quite a job to make it look like the sets.  I read someplace they had to make a big addition to the back of the house to accomodate all the TV rooms.

However, I can't imagine anyone buying a house like that.  A house in Henderson, NV was remodeled to look just like the Simpsons' house and that's had a troubled history.