Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV’s Remodel Of Brady Bunch House

@CelticCrafter wrote:

When it started last night I was watching another channel but they put in on every channel owned by that company to show the beginning of it.

If I heard correctly, they said it wasn't even a real house?  

Yeah, that was bizarre (bolded by me).   I put on a show from last night on TLC, this morning, and then it looked like this reno show was there, instead.   I thought 'hmmm, was the Tivo Guide wrong and recorded the wrong show?'.   I FF'd through a bit and saw that my show was, indeed, there after the minute or two of this.

I also have this first episode recorded and look forward to viewing it soon.  It should be fun.

Valued Contributor

Why did they ever make a stupid series aboutt this????

Respected Contributor

I had to record the show so I could watch it, but I truly enjoyed watching it when I finally viewed it on Friday.  The show which reunited the six Brady kids brought back such memories of my childhood.  The actual iconic house being remodelled was used for the opening credits and all exterior shots of the home, even though the series was shot on a sound stage elsewhere.  I find it very interesting to see all the challenges the builders are having in trying to re-create the original set to try to fit it into the actual "Brady Bunch" house without changing the shape of the exterior facade.  I also find it interesting to see the actors' reactions to the finished entry way, dining room, and stairway.  I would think the home will be made into a museum of some sort upon completion, if it is zoned for that.      

Valued Contributor

This is a dumb idea and show.  Why take a house and remodel it into a fake tv house and then do what with it?  Who would want outdated decor?  I doubt the Scott Brothers would live there.  To me it is a total waste of time, energy, and cash.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling this is just the beginning. But if they remodel Lucy and Desi's Connecticut farm house, I will buy it.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline , could I rent the little cottage Fred and Ethel lived in?  Some wax flowers outside the door would give it that furnishing touch. No chickens please.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Judaline , could I rent the little cottage Fred and Ethel lived in?  Some wax flowers outside the door would give it that furnishing touch. No chickens please.

@AuntG  Absolutely! And I'd give you the friendly price. Would love having you for a neighbor.