Honored Contributor

HGTV’s Remodel Of Brady Bunch House

[ Edited ]

For all of us who used to watch The Brady Bunch...in a few days HGTV will be showing the original house as it was remodeled exactly like we remember it.......

Except now the bathroom will have a toilet!  Read on...

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/a-very-brady-renovation/articles/brady-bunch-house-reveal

Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV’s Remodel Of Brady Bunch House

I don't remember the "no toilet"..........maybe they just didn't show them back then?????    (They NEVER showed people stuffing their faces with HUGE amounts of food back then.....)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sounds like fun, @Annabellethecat66!

Honored Contributor

I didn't remember anything about 'no toilet' either.  But then when Lucy and Desi were on TV I didn't think much about the fact that they slept in twin beds.

I was too busy laughing at their shenanigans.

@Oznell  With your knowledge of old movies, I'm sure you know this, but for those who might not know about Hedy Lamar.....I already knew this but saw it again last night on TV what an amazing, intelligent woman she was.......an inventor, among other things.

For those not familiar go here:http://obsessive-coffee-disorder.com/hedy-lamarr-beauty-and-the-brains/

Esteemed Contributor

I never cared for "The Brady Bunch" and still don't like it.  I won't be watching.

Respected Contributor

I spent way too much time in my youth watching The Brady Bunch, so I will most definitely be tuning in.  I will also be calling a friend let her know that it will be on on Monday.  We got to see both movie satires on the show and loved those, too.  

Hope everyone enjoys watching it, if they do.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I never cared for "The Brady Bunch" and still don't like it.  I won't be watching.

I didn't mind it when younger but find this reno a stretch bc I'm guessing just like all reno shows they will throw stupid drama into the whole thing.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it, brought back lots of memories. 

Honored Contributor

Never ever showed the toilet only the bathtub.  I do not believe Mike and Carol's masterbath was ever shown either.  Just would see MIke coming out from time to time talking to Carol in the bedroom while holding a hand towel.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I wasn't paying much attention to all the hype but then I watched some of it and this isn't at all what I thought the show was going to be about.  It was interesting though.  I absolutely loved the Brady Bunch and still watch it in reruns when I can.

To this day, one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies is A Very Brady Christmas.