Trusted Contributor

Re: HGTV's Fixer Upper show ending after 5th season

I wonder if they something else in the works.  I think they are too popular to give it up at this point.  They won't get the bus trips to their Waco store if they aren't on tv.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess that I will be bummed all by myself then. I love the shows. When they take a crappy house and turn it into something beautiful. WOW!

I have no idea of course but they probably want their lives back. Fame does not appear to be all that it's cracked up to be.

Honored Contributor

They don't need the show anymore. Her stuff is being sold everywhere.

I was never a fan so I won't miss it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I guess that I will be bummed all by myself then. I love the shows. When they take a crappy house and turn it into something beautiful. WOW!

I have no idea of course but they probably want their lives back. Fame does not appear to be all that it's cracked up to be.

Out of all the 'twosome shows' re designing, flipping, etc there are only two I can stand to watch because the couples or twosomes or partners don't make me want to throw things or barf. Chip & Joanna are one of the two I will watch. They just seem like nice, genuine people. The rest of my household will be very unhappy and will really miss them.

If they are indeed scaling back from being in the media all the time, good for them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Well I'm with you @icezeus.  I love their show, admire both of them.  I find no fault with Chip and his silliness.  Will miss the show.  Guess they HGTV will just give more time to the flippers, boo on that. 

Esteemed Contributor

All these shows were of interest to me for awhile.  But as they progressed it seemed that the theme was the same.  I can only imagine having to sell my house "right this now" and having to put up with the  new trend in house selling.  When I remodeled I turned down OPEN CONCEPT.  I want privacy and designated space.  And I don't want my "cookin" to fill the house with aromas that I could control with walls. 

Many of the buyers in some of the shows seemed spoiled and unable to give a bit when they select something... all or nothing.  Even if it is staged it seems the public will "catch on" and most of us will have a very hard time selling our homes.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Oh @icezeus  I will miss the new shows also...They have so many other projects going on in Waco & online..I am so glad they are putting the family first, or at least realizing 

they might be stretched to thin..

Good for them, we can watch the re-runs..Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

IF I have to hear him refer to the clients as "you guys" one more time I will throw something at the TV.  THe "I'm so silly.  ARen't I cute?" routine he pulls is getting old and her decorating is the same thing over and over again.  I will not miss this show in the least.

Respected Contributor

I remember when my daughter began watching their show and I was like "who?" And "what?". Started watching it after awhile myself. Got my husband watching it too. Have not really watched it for a while now. I seemed to have liked it better when I first watched it and got to where I hardly remembered to watch it at all. They did some real nice homes with some character to them, then not so much... same 'ol, same 'ol. I really do think that show at first was more about the houses and less about them, a lot more interesting to me than their family, farm, or businesses. I have no interest in any of those.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I liked watching their shows for awhile and then it seemed to be the same thing with each show...I