Esteemed Contributor

HGTV re-doing the Brady house

Has anyone been watching the HGTV show where they are redoing the Brady Bunch house? The house which was used for just the outside on the show, was sold to HGTV. So now they are making the inside of the home just like the inside on the Brady Bunch house set. Ive been watching, and cant believe how they are re doing it exactly like the shows house! The Brady kids are helping too, in case you don't know. I would love to have that house! It looks like right out of the 1970s. They found a lot of the original type items, and what they couldn't find they made! I am just glued to each episode and fascinated by this! lol.( If you missed it, it is re run a lot and probably also on demand.)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Re: HGTV re-doing the Brady house

I also have been watching and it is interesting how they find all the same pieces to make the rooms as authentic as possible.  It does bring back memories.  My question is---what are they going to do with a house that is "old school" on the inside after these episodes are over?  Will they try to sell it?  Will the neighbors have to put up with "looky loos" and crowds trying to venture a peek?  In the end, I would NOT want a house remodeled to resemble a famous house on my street.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I also have been watching and it is interesting how they find all the same pieces to make the rooms as authentic as possible.  It does bring back memories.  My question is---what are they going to do with a house that is "old school" on the inside after these episodes are over?  Will they try to sell it?  Will the neighbors have to put up with "looky loos" and crowds trying to venture a peek?  In the end, I would NOT want a house remodeled to resemble a famous house on my street.  LOL.

I saw on one of the previous episodes that the Owner HGTV bought it from had a fence put around the property because of people coming to look at the house and bothering them....

Respected Contributor

Have not watched because it conflicts with DWTS or I forget about it. Saw on some social media that Pioneer Woman is going to be on the show doing some cooking. I had read the show was not very good so maybe bringing her in to boost ratings. Will check and see if it’s available on demand.
Valued Contributor

Is this show about TOM  BRADY  and his family.

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Is this show about TOM  BRADY  and his family.

No.  It's about the 1960s-70s show The Brady Bunch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since it appears that they play it numerous times, I did happen to catch the first episode while I was cleaning the kitchen. 

I thought it seemed like they went through an awful amount of work to recreate something that never really existed to begin with.  I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned but what do they plan on doing with the house once it's done?  Do they just plan on selling it for people to live in?  Who would want to live in a time warp house decorated as if it were 1969?  The 60s & 70s wasn't the most attractive era for home decor....just my opinion of course.

Valued Contributor

I have been watching each episode. I believe I heard it was going to be a vacation destination (for lack of a better term). It will be rented out to people.

I had a friend in grade school that I would have sleep overs at her house. I probably slept at her house more Friday nights than my own some years, and it brings back some of those memories. We grew apart the older we got, and sadly she has passed away so it's kind of a bitter sweet memory but it is amazing how they are taking that house and recreating a whole different lay out.

cookin

Honored Contributor

I watched it for a few minutes...won't watch again.

Respected Contributor

I thought about putting it on series record, but forgot to program this.  Andy Cohen did an acting scene on the Today Show showcasing the Brady (Bunch) home.  That's enough for me.  Too many other shows I record right now.

The Tom Brady comment was sooooo funny.