Honored Contributor

March 5 Tarek El Moussa new show starts on HGTV. I will check it out. I dont care for his ex Christina's show, I did watch a couple episodes though.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: HGTV new show with Tarek

@CherryHugs wrote:

March 5 Tarek El Moussa new show starts on HGTV. I will check it out. I dont care for his ex Christina's show, I did watch a couple episodes though.

I haven't seen Christina's new show but I would be interested in seeing Tarek's new show. I like him.

Honored Contributor

I'm so over HGTV, if the cable company took it away I wouldn't miss it or care that it was gone.

I won't watch it anymore, even out of total boredom.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll watch it.  Christina is not much of a designer, IMO.  I've seen "On the Coast" a few times.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I guess the show with the two of them (after divorce) didn't go over do well.

I don't care for her for the mere fact, she speaks soooooooooooo fast!

He is okay, but with the new show of his, I guess he is teaching people to be flippers?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has any one heard that not too long ago, a viewer had contacted Tarek with a comment about his health?.  The viewer  commented that she had noticed something strange about his neck and suggested he see a Dr. to check it out.  It turned out to be   thyroid cancer but they got it in time and he is apparently doing well now. ... .  He seems like a really good guy who does a great job in his line of work. Glad to see he's back again for another season.but won't miss Christina if she's not with him.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked Tarek and will probably be trying out his new show. He's been through a lot in a short amount of time from divorce, to two different cancers, to being a single dad, to starting over. Personally, I thought he did all the work on Flip or Flop while she picked out tile and left. The final straw for me with their original show was Christina's commentaries always done with her and a wind machine blowing her hair. Really??? I think she's a high maintenance prima dona.  I saw one of her shows when she and her new husband were redoing their over the top backyard in their new home. That was enough for me.

As for HGTV, I just wish they would have more variety besides flipping houses that are remodeled. They only had a couple at first and now it's almost all just that. The other thing they do is run a show into the ground with repeats till you can't stand the people or the shows any longer. Fixer Upper and Property Brothers had that happen as well as Love It or List It. Now I can't stand to see those people. I'm enjoying Home Town, but I know they will run it into the ground as well. I like variety: Flea Market Flip is fun and so was Divine Design, Sensible Chic, Design on a Dime, etc. Mix those with flip shows or remodel shows and my interest would linger.

Honored Contributor

His show seems to at least be based on his experiences.

Her show was about designing and decorating a room or whatever and was kind of boring and mixed in with her persona life.

HGTV does this new thing now where they re-edit all the shows and add different information and commentary.  They are doing this with Good Bones, Home Town, Flip or Flop and Christina on the Coast.

Windy City Rehab should be back again for a new season soon.  Probably when Home Town finishes it's season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

HGTV has become so boring. Just a few shows on all the time, rerun after rerun. I miss new programming of house hunters, Hawaii life, beachfront living etc. I don’t want to watch nothing but makeovers and re-dos. They are trying too much to promote their “chosen celebrities “ such as property brothers, Tarek & Christina, Etc....
We hardly even turn to it anymore.
Honored Contributor

I will probably check it out, I saw Christina's show a few times, and I liked it well enough. Her designs to me always look the same...I have noticed that HGTV is trying to change up their programming a bit......