Trusted Contributor

@MJDinVegasYes, I remember him in color splash, thought he did excellent on that show. I do not have a problem with David, more rather the lack of a wider range of pragramming and originality with the  hgtv. Its ok with me, you guys enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@webbgarner1, I get it.  Different strokes.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@webbgarner1 "Pointless"? Maybe to you, that's fine.

I really enjoy this show and get a big kick out of David.

Sure, he's a bit over the top but for me, that's the fun of it. I enjoy seeing the different people and it's fun seeing how many of them don't want HUGE houses (tho a few do), but just something more than what they have and something they can enjoy for years to come.

I record most episodes, even the re-runs.

Yay David!!

A "bit"over the top? WAY too over the top. He's annoying and silly and a drama queen.

Esteemed Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

I have come to really dislike the hgtv channel. I fail to see the point of David Bromstads role in his show  lottery dreamhome. A person wins some money, he goes to a realtor and gets listings of houses for sale and then shows them to the buyer. Why does the couple not just go thru the realtor. The concept is pointless.

I like some of the programming on HGTV, but I agree with you about this particular show.

I think it's boring, and I think David is annoying.  The name of the show implies that these people will be buying very high-end, expensive homes, and that's not what it is at all.  They won money, yes, but then they go ahead and buy pretty ordinary homes.  That's their right, of course - I wouldn't criticize anyone for that.  But IMO it's not a good basis for an interesting show. I enjoy other HGTV shows much more.

Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan, I understand what you are saying but many of these winners are $1M BEFORE TAXES, so what they see NET is much less depending of course upon the state in which they live.  This may limit the budget they have to spend.  House Hunters as a show bothers me because buyers rarely can afford what they want and always settle for what they NEED.  

Personally, I’ve been humbled by those who realize what they need in a home to make them happy without all the drama about “this is a total gut job.”  Because it rarely is.  JMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@NYC Susan, I understand what you are saying but many of these winners are $1M BEFORE TAXES, so what they see NET is much less depending of course upon the state in which they live.  This may limit the budget they have to spend.  House Hunters as a show bothers me because buyers rarely can afford what they want and always settle for what they NEED.  

Personally, I’ve been humbled by those who realize what they need in a home to make them happy without all the drama about “this is a total gut job.”  Because it rarely is.  JMHO.

Yes, I'm well aware of that.  But the title of the show makes it sound as though these people will be looking at homes that are not so ordinary.  As I said, I don't fault anyone for buying whatever they're comfortable with, but the title is very misleading.  Good for them for being sensible.  But people just looking at ordinary houses doesn't make good television.  "Lottery Dream Home" sounds like an entirely different show.

JMO obviously.  Clearly many posters here really enjoy it.