Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 "Pointless"? Maybe to you, that's fine.

I really enjoy this show and get a big kick out of David.

Sure, he's a bit over the top but for me, that's the fun of it. I enjoy seeing the different people and it's fun seeing how many of them don't want HUGE houses (tho a few do), but just something more than what they have and something they can enjoy for years to come.

I record most episodes, even the re-runs.

Yay David!!

Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my favorite shows on HGTV.  I like seeing regular people winning the lottery and seeing homes and scenery in other parts of the country.  David uses a local realtor, who I am sure makes a very nice commission, as well as getting national attention.  While a few winners really choose over the top homes for a large amount of money, most of them are very modest.  David has often mentioned how smart they are.  I like him, even though that sleeve really gets to me.  I don't understand that.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

A year ago last month I got rid of Direct TV and am using other cheaper source of entertainment.  I signed up for Sling primarily because it had HGTV.  I bet I haven't watched a full hour in total during the year.  Their programming is so repetitive and stale I just can't stand it.  It's been all about real estate for years now and I'm just not interested.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watch it occasionally.

I did see an update about one of the families that were on the show.  They bought a huge house in the mountains.  They actually owned a piece of the mountain.  Then they bought the property next to the original house.

They had to put it up for sale though because their son has a heart condition and the altitude was not good for him.   I have no idea if they were going to be able to sell it.   

Esteemed Contributor

I love the show and David!   I like to see the prices of housing around the country.  Living in NYC, I am always amazed at how much a buyer can get for a lower price, while here it would be double or trple the price.

He interacts well with the winners and I like to hear his decorating/renovating ideas.

Honored Contributor

The only HGTV I've watched in recent memory was the White House Christmas tour... I pretty much gave up on HGTV when it became nothing more than real estate and house flipping... On and on and on, over and over again... The shows all feature the same personalities, most of whom I don't care for and even if I did, it's overkill. I'm also not a fan of HGTV's usual aesthetic... Even when some actual decorating does occur it all tends to be cut from the same mold, which is not usually my style... Now, they've added what is more or less a game show to their roster... Thanks but no thanks... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  Not sure if this is the same winner, but he bought a 16000 sq foot home but now is selling due to his son's heart condition and his ability to breathe better in a lower elevation.  Just goes to show that money can't buy everything, but I would sure love to buy that house!

https://people.com/home/mega-millions-lottery-winner-selling-california-house-photos/

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

This is one of the few shows I still watch on HGTV.  I'm so over all the flips and flops, the brothers, and the Gaines - overplayed ad-nauseam

Trusted Contributor

I do not have a problem with David, he can be amusing. But I just do not get the part of him getting the listings from a a realtor and then him showing the houses. I also have to say, I would be one of the ones on  the conservative side if I won the lottery and purchasing a different house. I have seen some that look like they may have overextended theirselves . afterall I am sure taxes and upkeep on some of the finer homes runs into quite a bit of money. Any way for you guys that like the show, enjoy. I just don't. I am kind of with the group that has burned out on hgtv.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@ccassaday  Not sure if this is the same winner, but he bought a 16000 sq foot home but now is selling due to his son's heart condition and his ability to breathe better in a lower elevation.  Just goes to show that money can't buy everything, but I would sure love to buy that house!

https://people.com/home/mega-millions-lottery-winner-selling-california-house-photos/

I remember the original episode, didn't know about this.

I don't have heart problems but I couldn't live at 6,000 feet.

I start getting altitude sickness at about half that.

Don't know why, just always have, even as a child.

And yes, I probably could acclimate, but why?