Honored Contributor

HGTV White House Christmas 2018?

Did I miss HGTV's White House Christmas?

I can't find the air date anywhere.

Does anyone know if it already aired or when it is scheduled?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV White House Christmas 2018?

I would also like to see this program.  Was there a show featuring White House Christmas decorations shown last year?  I don't remember seeing it, but my memory fails me more often everyday.  

I did see a still .picture of some decorations showing a hallway lined with red trees.  Also someone posted a picture of a skyline scene on another thread..

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I have been looking for it also and last year it aired around the 19th of December. Hope it tells soon online.

Honored Contributor

FLOTUS just tweeted about it today, including a video

Probably a bit too soon for HGTV

Honored Contributor

I always watch it, no matter who is living there, though I do think I might have skipped it last year.  I don't think the First Lady was even living there last year.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

The First Lady and Barron moved in during summer after Barron finished his year of school in New York.  She was definitely there last Christmas.  I remember seeing photos.  I do not watch television so I cannot speak about an HGTV program.The photos I saw were beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Some of the new photos for Christmas 2018 can be viewed on CNN's web page right now.

The White House looks beautiful.  I can't wait to see the rest and hear the story behind this year's decor.

Trusted Contributor

You can go online to see pictures of the four trees representing six regions of the country: green trees with paper ornaments, tinsel, and other decorations in metallics. There is a walkway decorated with trees made from red holly berries that is eye popping and somewhat unsettling. I much prefer the decor on the green trees. This year’s theme is “American Traditions.” FLOTUS wears red and blue as an homage, perhaps, of US flag colors. Several articles on the decoratations and FLOTUS ( know the source of the information if you don’t want your feathers ruffled😏) appear online.

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

You can go online to see pictures of the four trees representing six regions of the country: green trees with paper ornaments, tinsel, and other decorations in metallics. There is a walkway decorated with trees made from red holly berries that is eye popping and somewhat unsettling. I much prefer the decor on the green trees. This year’s theme is “American Traditions.” FLOTUS wears red and blue as an homage, perhaps, of US flag colors. Several articles on the decoratations and FLOTUS ( know the source of the information if you don’t want your feathers ruffled😏) appear online.

@Zernia Rose  Isn't that a shame when we're talking about holiday decorations?  Pathetic.

Oh well, I can't wait to see the pictures!