Respected Contributor

Re: HGTV White House Christmas 2018?

I enjoy seeing The White House decorated for Christmas every year & The First Lady giving the tour....I'd love too see it in person but TV will have to do & I'll be watching for the 2018 show. Hope everyone who's interested enjoys it too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@BeckiWV wrote:

An Inside Edition segment tonight said the special would be on December 9th.  I'm so excited.  My niece was picked to help decorate, such an honor. We are very proud of her, this is not about politics but the season for us.  She says it was an amazing experience.  I can't wait to hear about it at Christmas.  They were not allowed to take pictures so I definitely plan to watch the special.  🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

What a great experience for your niece @BeckiWV.  How do you get picked for something like that? 

Hi, she applied after seeing a mention on twitter.  The WH got over 7,000 applications and 150 were selected.  We were all thrilled for her. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I did not watch  not watch but I saw pictures.  I have never seen a red Christmas tree??? they said she was not there to explain it.  Glad I missed that lol. Of course red could be her favorite color?  Did she have different colors or just red?

Hi, I think there are a lot of different color trees even though the red has been focused on.  Can't wait to see.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy the White House shows but usually catch it by chance.  Will watch on Dec 9.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

site of the dinner at WH last night - a glimpse of the 2 eagle trees with Pres Washington watching over all!

image.png

Respected Contributor

HGTV to Premiere ‘White House Christmas 2018’ on Sunday, Dec. 9, at 6 p.m. ET/PT

it's official.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @ms traditional.  Based on the still photos and the tiny video, it should be something to look forward to.  The meticulous attention to detail, the eye-filling colors, the splendor and historicity of the White House setting--  really revs my holiday spirit!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Thanks, @ms traditional.  Based on the still photos and the tiny video, it should be something to look forward to.  The meticulous attention to detail, the eye-filling colors, the splendor and historicity of the White House setting--  really revs my holiday spirit!

you put it so well, @Oznell.  it must really be something to enjoy that in person. i hope we get that feeling from watching.  i consider it a treat!

Respected Contributor