Honored Contributor

I don't know what I think about this show.

I didn't realize it was a competition show.  Setting aside that they are all women, it doesn't seem like a fair fight in terms of what they generally do on their regular shows.

Alison seemed ******, Jasmine looked like she was upset.

A very odd show. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm a casual fan of all these designers/renovators.

Leanne is my least favorite but I did like her bathroom the best

I was disappointed in Jasmine.   All those textures killed it for her

She's in CA, she knows what works.

I've seen her kitchen renos, if she stays true to herself, she will nail the kitchen competition.  But will she have enough money?

Mina never has enough space to do a WOW kitchen.   I'll be surprised if she can pull it off.  Never cared for Allison Victoria.  Many of her renos go unsold for months.   Who the heck needs a $7k toilet?

Some of the editing is not flattering, shame on HGTV

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to watch but it interferes with something else so I didn't get to watch.  I did see a highlights reel of all the rooms on HGTV's FB page.  I thought they all looked really similar except for an element here and there.  Naturally, I was rooting for Mina, my Hoosier home state girl but I didn't care for her bathroom whatsoever.  I hate wallpaper and, if I remember correctly, she had two mirrors that were undersized for the amount of wall space.  Most of the time, I don't care for the design style Mina and her mom come up with anyway but I do love to watch their show. 

I wasn't even familiar with the other three designers.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Tarek was diggin' the $7k toilet.  And I imagine we will see some of these things in future Flip or Flop houses.

Looking at the future episodes, he is the only "special guest" I've ever heard of.  I think some of these people are DIY, like Holmes.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I watched the first episode but doubt I will watch the rest! It just didnt seem that good.

Yes Jasmine was crying or about to cry it looked like!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I saw their appearance on the Today Show this morning.

I didn't realize Alison Victoria has been on HGTV for 10 years.

I need to look at her previous shows.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Kitchen Episode

I really liked the look of Leanne's wall, but that kitchen is for a minimalist who doesn't actually cook (of which there are probably many in CA, so it will probably sell fast).

Mina's was the most livable, but Alison had to win the kitchen episode.  I don't think her kitchen was the best.

I think each one will end up winning a room by the end.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Did'nt think I'd be into it when first started seeing the mercials..

It proved me wrong, so far I'm most impressed by Jasmine and Leanne's designs...not watched last nights yet.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~