Esteemed Contributor

Lots of hype on HGTV for her show.  Sorry, not interested;  too much of a diva for me

Property Brothers has become so predictable in the past few years.  I love Jonathan's work, but, just not the same.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

I think Tarek will have a new season coming up too.

Is Tarek going to do Flip or Flop solo?  Or is Christina doing 2 shows?

Christina is doing 2 shows - her new one and a new season of Flip or Flop with Tarek.

I'll watch her new show and always liked F or F, so I'l watch that also.

Super Contributor

I really like Christina and The Fords.  By watching the shows on HGTV, I see different design styles in different parts of the country, and each designer has a different style.  When you choose a designer, you make your decision based on their design style.  For example, I like Karen and Mina, the mother/daughter duo on Good Bones.  They can see a house that I would probably tear down, and they will rebuild it, revitalizing the neighborhood.  I can appreciate what they do.  I would not hire them to design anything for me.  I do not like their style.  Leanne Ford has a more minimalist style.  It is not for everyone, but a lot of people love it.  The Scott Brothers approach their shows from a property value perspective.  I can find something to take away from each of the shows.      

Trusted Contributor

I, too, am so tired of all the remodeling shows.  Wish they'd bring back just decorating shows like "Decorating Cents" and "Free Style."  LOVED "Free Style", it was amazing what just rearranging furniture can do.  I also liked "Small Space, Big Style", and "Curb Appeal."

Honored Contributor

I'm so sick of the Property Bros.!  I'm also sick of Joanna & Chip Gaines.  Never really liked Christina but might see one episode.  I liked her ex much more.

I happened to turn on HGTV this morning and came across a new show (new to me) called Boise Boys.  They are two friends who rehab homes in the Boise, Idaho area.  Another flip show but I thought they were pretty good.

Honored Contributor

I like Boise Boys.

Can't get into the Fords.  Her stuff is too crafy for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

You know what....I miss the shows on HGTV of the late 1990's. I don't remember the names of them since it was so long ago but they were so different in a lot of ways from what's on now. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing the end result of a remodeled home. What I don't care for is the emotional parts of it. I know some of you do like that and that's fine, we're all different. 

It's just amazing how much a network can change over the years.

Honored Contributor

I did see that Christina was getting a new show, I have never been a big fan of hers, may watch the 1st show to see how it goes.

Property Brothers, sheesh how many shows do they have, I rarely watch them.  I miss the older shows, where not so much money was spent.

Honored Contributor

I noticed Christina and Tarek were on the cover of the HGTV magazine.  I'm not interested in her new show.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have found that the HGTV shows have become quite boring to me, so I won't be watching her nor the brothers.  In fact, I probably won't watch any but HHI, and that is only if it is in a place that I find interesting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!