Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I can't wait for Christina on the Coast.  I LOVE her design style.  

I don't watch anything of the Scott Brothers.  I find them extremely boring (IMHO).

I’m excited for the new show, I like her designs.

Honored Contributor

I'm interested in Christina's show and her design choices as well.

I have been watching HGTV and DIY shows on demand in recent months, so I'm not sure what is old and what is new.

I like Bargain Mansions.  My only issue with that show is that she does one floor at a time and starts with the bottom floor.  It's possible they edit it this way and she does start at the top in real life.  For me, it makes no sense to do walls and floors in the first floor and then go upstairs and demo the place and have to drag equipment and stuff upstairs through the finished first floor.

I like Flip or Flop Nashville, Atlanta and one I think that is in Texas.  There's a flipping show in Vegas where the guy screams all the time.  There's another one in Vegas where they say in the opening that the wife has a flair for design.  I swear she's a former Vegas pole dancer.

I like Good Bones.  I'm just starting to watch some of these episodes before the new season begins next week.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I saw Property Brothers has yet a new show called Forever Home.

They clearly bring in the ratings as do Tarek and Christina.  

I also like Maine Cabin Masters which I think is on DIY.  They are a fun family but honestly, there's only so much you can do with a cabin in the woods.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I like Boise Boys too. We used to live near Boise and I enjoy seeing some of the old neighborhoods.

And Clint looked so familiar to me. I remembered that he was a contestant on The Apprentice.

Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV New Shows

[ Edited ]

HGTV pretty much lost me when they more or less crossed the line between a focus on home design and decor (both interior and exterior) and reality TV... As someone else noted, most of these shows feature too much drama and not enough quality design. I'm also not interested in more DYI, crafting, upcycling, repurposing and on and on and on... To me, they also went overboard on the real estate shows and even those shows that feature some kind of design all seem to feature pretty much the same design aesthetic... HGTV became more or less a one trick pony. I rarely watch it anymore... Yes, bring back Sarah and Tommy and other real designers of their ilk... Even when I didn't like something Sarah and Tommy did, I could almost always appreciate quality design and the well conceived choices they consistently made...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I loved Design on a Dime.

I don't dislike the Property Brothers but enough already.

I do like Love it or List It.

I get my remodel fix from Nate & Jeremiah by Design on TLC

I watch Flea Market Flip, too, but not on HGTV

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I like Boise Boys too. We used to live near Boise and I enjoy seeing some of the old neighborhoods.

And Clint looked so familiar to me. I remembered that he was a contestant on The Apprentice.

Thank you!  I knew he looked familiar.  Was he one of the one who was on the season with unemployed people?

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV New Shows

[ Edited ]

Christina on the Coast was kind of a dud for me.  There is an "aftershow" on the HGTV app that I didn't finish watching but was confusing becuase she is pregnant and she referred to him as a boyfriend and then babydaddy.  I thought she got married?

The Brady Bunch house is done.  Maureen McCormick posted this photo today.  The show will air in September.

I see the Property Brothers, Good Bones ladies, the Fords, Lara Spencer and I don't know who the woman is at the top of the stairs.

Brady.jpg

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

She's Jasmine Roth (Hidden Potential).  I just looked it up.

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/a-very-brady-renovation/articles/brady-bunch-house-reveal

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I read that Christina may not continue the show with Tarek now that she has her own new series.