Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Last night I watched "Designed by the Fords"....I think that was what it was called... they paid them 70k to makeover their home.... and I would NOT have wanted to live there.  I like the gal and her brother...just dont care for her designs!  

Seems like the Property Bros must be billionaires by now with all their shows!!l LOL.

Valued Contributor

I think I watched the episode you are referring to...The Fords. 

I would be purchasing gallons of paint to cover the green the Fords used and figuring out a better seating situation for their living area.  That enormous sectional placement just seemed odd to me.   

I would have been very disappointed if that had been my home!!

As someone else mentioned bring back Sarah Richardson, Candice Olsen and other designers.  I cannot remember the guys name but I think the show was Curb Appeal.  He did a great job and it was fun to watch. 

Respected Contributor

Stopped watch HGTV a while back.  Same old, same old. I'm tired of everything on there.

Will not be watching the one with Christina.  Didn't watch too many of her other show w/her ex.

Saw the premise for Forever Home.  I'll skip that one too.  I've had enough of the Scott brothers and this one just looks okay.

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I think Tarek will have a new season coming up too.

Is Tarek going to do Flip or Flop solo?  Or is Christina doing 2 shows?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

Last night I watched "Designed by the Fords"....I think that was what it was called... they paid them 70k to makeover their home.... and I would NOT have wanted to live there.  I like the gal and her brother...just dont care for her designs!  

Seems like the Property Bros must be billionaires by now with all their shows!!l LOL.

@game-on  ITA with you. These seem like nice people but are horrible designers. I think HGTV will give just about anyone a show these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't wait for Christina on the Coast.  I LOVE her design style.  

I don't watch anything of the Scott Brothers.  I find them extremely boring (IMHO).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Christina's too into herself. She's pregnant now, due in the fall, and having a boy. Her ex let it slip lol. I like Tarek though.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the Property Brothers themselves, but their houses all look like they're about the same layout wise when they are done.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I wish HGTV would bring back the real designer shows, especially my all-time favorite, Sarah Richardson, with the hilarious Tommy Smythe. They have a new show on HGTV Canada. I want it here!

Also loved Candace Olson and others whose names escape me.

Can't stand Christina and not into any of the new shows. Bored with all the same old, same old, including Property Brothers and Love it or List it.

@queendiva 

I too would enjoy seeing those designers, or similar, return.

No Flipping for us in foreseeable future, or ever (!) but always up for a great decorating project.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of hype on HGTV for her show.  Sorry, not interested;  too much of a diva for me

Property Brothers has become so predictable in the past few years.  I love Jonathan's work, but, just not the same.