Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV - Christina Anstead and Ant are separated.

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I wonder which one is the bigger $$ earner between her & Ant?

@aubnwa01  Her I think.

@proudlyfromNJ  I bet you're right.  I don't even know what he does or much about him.   Never heard of him until he hooked up with her, but I think she has her TV shows & also some side hustles in furniture/decor, etc.

@aubnwa01  Ant does something with cars and a tv show. I googled their worth. Who knows if it's true, his was 5 mil and hers was 12 mil. I think since he's English and has some business there, we aren't too familiar with him.

Honored Contributor

He used to do a show called Wheeler Dealers. My DH used to watch it.  I'm not sure if that show is still going or not.  He has also done some other shows as well.   

Esteemed Contributor

I was surprised to read this, since they seemed so happy together.  It's sad, and especially when there are kids involved.  Ant's kids are older, but Christina's  kids with Tarek are younger and it must be hard for them.  This is the second time their family is broken up and now their father is getting remarried.  I am happy for Tarek as he has been through a lot.  Hopefully whenever he gets married, it will last.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

They have both said they were introduced by a mutual friend.  I didn't even know they had split.  That is too bad.

I got the feeling that the fame from Flip or Flop may have gone to Christina's head but then, I don't personally know her.

@Lipstickdiva  They were introduced by a friend but I don't think they met in person for a while. They skyped for hours on end. I think the entire situation happened very quickly just as it ended. Perhaps it was more lust than love.

I've tried to like her but I just can't. I don't know much about him. I feel really bad for all of the kids involved.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

He used to do a show called Wheeler Dealers. My DH used to watch it.  I'm not sure if that show is still going or not.  He has also done some other shows as well.   

@Lipstickdiva  What network did that come on? I have heard of it but not seen it. He's a mechanic too and I know he's done other shows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also think they got  too got serious too fast without knowing each other well enough. With kids involved, you need to go slowly when merging families. Even with his being a bit older! 

I chose not to go that route when I raised my 2 kids (they were my priority!)

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  What network did that come on? I have heard of it but not seen it. He's a mechanic too and I know he's done other shows.

@colliemom4 I don't even remember what network it was on.  Maybe Motor Trend or Discovery?  

Esteemed Contributor

I just read on People Magazine that Christina felt very alone and frustrated married to Ant. 

Honored Contributor

I just read that People article too and it stated that trouble in the marriage started with the birth of their baby, Hudson.
Esteemed Contributor

I think she blew it with Tarek. I always liked him and he is a great father. He seems so nice and down to earth. They are beginning to film their show Flip and Flop. I wonder how that is going to work. Tarek's fiancee does resemble Christina.  It always made me wonder if he was trying to replace Christina with someone who resembled her.