Respected Contributor

Re: HGTV - Christina Anstead and Ant are separated.

N O T   shocked.

Esteemed Contributor

Tarek is engaged to be married to actress Heather Rae Young who bears IMO quite a resemblance to Christina. In photos of them he always has a smile on his face and appears happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I think what really put me off on Christina when she and Tarek were together was the fan she had blowing her hair as she talked directly into the camera. I like him and feel he went through a horrible time in his life fighting two different kinds of cancer. That was about the same time they had a second child and their marriage fell apart. Christina to me is a prima dona and actually Tarek and the crew did most of the work. I like his new show where he helps other flippers learn the ropes. As for her new husband, I don't have many thoughts on that as I haven't seen much of him. I DO know they spent a fortune on that new house, and I don't even know what kind of work he does. I hadn't heard anything about how they met. I do feel sorry for the kids. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I think what really put me off on Christina when she and Tarek were together was the fan she had blowing her hair as she talked directly into the camera. I like him and feel he went through a horrible time in his life fighting two different kinds of cancer. That was about the same time they had a second child and their marriage fell apart. Christina to me is a prima dona and actually Tarek and the crew did most of the work. I like his new show where he helps other flippers learn the ropes. As for her new husband, I don't have many thoughts on that as I haven't seen much of him. I DO know they spent a fortune on that new house, and I don't even know what kind of work he does. I hadn't heard anything about how they met. I do feel sorry for the kids. 

@RainCityWoman  The new husband used to produce or have some type of show on tv about cars. He's an expert on old cars etc. I felt sorry for Tarek as well. I've always felt Christina was too into herself. I can't believe she ever even went on construction sites.

Honored Contributor

I was checking out some websites reading about why Christina and Ant decided to split and found out he cheated on his first wife with someone he met on social media. The texts are published as well. The affair ended his marriage and the woman he had an affair with said Ant exhibits very unpredictable behavior. She said one minute you're a queen the next he's very cold.

Esteemed Contributor

It's very sad for all of the children involved.  Just seems as if some of the women on these "reality " shows believe that they really are "stars" and start acting that way.  

IMO, Christina and the one with the 8 children are cut from the same phony cloth.  Everything has to be about them.  Very sad way for children to grow up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really don't think they knew each other all that well.  I think if she hadn't gotten pregnant, things would have probably ended with them a long time ago.

I think Christina is one of those people who can't be without a man.

I wonder if she'll stay in that house or end up selling it like she did the last one (because of all the memories and wanting to move on).

The upkeep on that thing with the pool has to be pretty high and flipping is a very up and down business in general.  Her "design business" seems to be mostly people she knows.  It doesn't appear that many people are signing up to be on her show.

This season of Christina on the Coast has been her bringing one option to the house and then she takes them shopping.  The final episode, her design person finished the shopping part with the couple.  I'll be interested if there is a season 3.

You can see all of the HGTV flipping shows are reverting to design shows.

I'll be interested to see what happens at the end of Windy City Rehab once they finish out all the homes in progress.  I think Alison will revert back to designing kitchens and bathrooms again.

Boise Boys are no longer doing a flipping show, so it will be interesting to see what that show turns into.  They have been hinting at it on social media, but nothing specific.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@VaBelle35 

I agree, I do not believe Christina knew Ant very well at all.  With so many children involved it's just not good.  I also agree she seems to need a man around all of the time.  I hope she takes things very slowly and gives herself some time.  

Somehow I doubt she'll stay in that house as we'll be hearing her new adventures of "getting a fresh start".  I think flipping is a hard business to maintain so we will be seeing more and more design shows.  

Honored Contributor

Well in a way I was shocked to hear it, but then again I wasn't. Christina and Ant did seem to be very much in love with each other, but I also think she is very in love with herself. I watched Flip or Flop, and I still watch the new ones, and have always enjoyed it. I like Tarek a lot and am very happy for him. 

Christina and Ant may have just jumped into everything too quickly and with 5 kids between them, that is a lot of responsibility, although I believe Ant's children are older and live primarily in England.

To me Christina seems like the type of women who will never be satisfied. She will always want more~!From what I have seen of Ant he always seemed really funny, and easy going, but who knows? I feel sad for the kids, especially Christina's oldest two, as they are older and know what is going on and it has to be hard for them.....  

Respected Contributor

windy city rehab, has done some fabulous rehab work. she is very opinionated and seems hard to work with, because of it. He must be a saint.

i am so sick of all the flip shows, painting everything gray and big print tiles(they all seem to be the same style).

i like to watch the hometown couple.