Honored Contributor

I bought 'She'Devil' that old time TV show that was on long time ago

Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep. Also, got Tales that witness Madness, and Vault of Horror and Tales from the Vault . Think it was called either vault or Crypt. LOL  Joan Collins is in most of them. From back when she was in her prime. 

English movies from the 70's. Scary stuff. LOL

Honored Contributor

Hope "She Devil" doesn't disappoint you.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

The Fay Weldon book was interesting.  The movie wasn't.

Honored Contributor

She Devil w/Rosanne Barr is a remake. 

The original British version is so much better.  It's called The Life and Loves of a She-Devil.  The only actor I know in that one is Tom Baker who was one of the original Dr Whos.

I have both versions on DVD

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

yeah, I've seen them both. English one is probably better, but, then English actors always are.

Roseanne Barr, one, was only 10.00 so I went ahead. It was kind of hammy, but, fun. LOL

Honored Contributor

Whoa, @SharkE ,  that's quite a haul!

That title, "Tales that Witness Madness" intrigued me and I had to look it up.  Amazing how many prominent names in British theater were involved with that, including Donald Pleasance, Jack Hawkins, Michael Jayston, and at least one Yank, Kim Novak!   Interesting that Kim Novak had to replace Rita Hayworth-- I can only guess that Hayworth was already struggling, at that point,  a shame...

You will have fun scaring yourself with that cache of horror.  Hope you have lots of buttery popcorn on hand!

Honored Contributor

I like that long ago type of horror instead of ax murderers, silly teenagers goes off on hiking trip and runs into nut jobs and get killed and worse.

Freddy Kruger 'stuff' was stupid , too. Give me a old time vampire movie or 

'Wasp Woman' LOL  Best ghost story was that haunted house movie with George C. Scott. I got it, of course.   '6th sense with Bruce Willis, that one with Nicole Kidman , 'The Others', think it was.   I gotta dig that out.

While I was on vacation few days ago me and one of the sisters went to a big flea market place she hit the CD's and I hit the DVD's sometimes you can find old movies in those place.  Found me a carry case for my Apple laptop in Ollie's...2.00 !   Cleaned up in there. Bought some cookbooks and a auto bio of Danny Aiello. Liked him. Think he might be dead now.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @SharkE ,  that Nicole Kidman one-- so shivery!  That was really good as well as Bruce Willis's.   Apart from them and a few others, not many recent ones, as you say, that are as good as the real oldies...

You make me envious-- I haven't been flea marketing in a while.  Enjoy all your goodies you picked up with your sister!

Honored Contributor

I'm not drying up on the vine. LOL

We've always done what we're used to. I go to beauty shop every 6 wks

for cut,  got my teeth bleached and kept regular dentist visits.

When we couldn't go out to dine in we got drive thru and ate in the new van

on trays.  Soom as the Mall opened I was the first one. Hate that 11:00 new opening time though. Throws me off my routine. LOL

We just took a vacation, kept all receipts in case we can claim them next yr on taxes. Be glad when the folks are back in session get some more money into the  economy, hopefully.    Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm with you, @SharkE ,  I've been making the rounds for a while now, if a bit cautiously.  Was over at Big Lots today, checking out their new stuff-- in addition to fall, they have a few Christmas things out, gack!  But I haven't been to a flea market in a while, and should go.

Have to keep our spirits up!