Honored Contributor

HEY, FELLOW GEORGE BRENT PARTISANS SEE THURSDAY TCM 9:15 A.M. EASTERN

9:15 a.m. Eastern--  'TIL WE MEET AGAIN    Merle Oberon, George Brent, Pat O'Brien, Frank McHugh, Binnie Barnes

Was fun the other day to realize again the enduring appeal of sophisticated George Brent, to other vintage film fans!

If you love him, you already know how fabulous he is in " 'Til We Meet Again" as the doomed condemned prisoner, falling in love with exquisite, medically frail heiress Merle Oberon, on that most romantic of venues, an ocean going vessel.  This is one of THE most compelling, poignant love stories, between two highly charismatic and sympathetic performers.

And how can you miss with that supporting cast--  Frank McHugh (comedic charmer),  Pat O'Brien and Binnie Barnes?  Just top rate, all the way.  This is a variation on the shipboard romance that wonderful William Powell and Kay Francis did a few years earlier, but to my mind it's right up there with that one.

You'll swoon to the music, and while drooling over Merle's diamonds and platinum, remember she almost always wore her own personal, legendary collection of jewels in her films....

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/20374/Til-We-Meet-Again-Original-Trailer-.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: HEY, FELLOW GEORGE BRENT PARTISANS SEE THURSDAY TCM 9:15 A.M. EASTERN

Thanks for the heads up !!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @hayseed00!  Here's hoping the other "George Brentians" who declared their allegiance to him in the thread on "Jezebel" get to notice that " 'Til We Meet Again" is on.  It's such an essential for fans...

Honored Contributor

Anyone know how many movies he and Bette made together, so many to remember.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I'm thinking at least 5 or 6, @Shelbelle?   Maybe more?  I do know they had a romantic relationship as well.

Oh, dear, George Brent had quite a way with the ladies--  many, many conquests.  You can see why!

Honored Contributor

Just looked it up.  George Brent and Bette Davis teamed together in eleven full length features.  That has to be a record, almost...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Just looked it up.  George Brent and Bette Davis teamed together in eleven full length features.  That has to be a record, almost...

So, who could have beaten that record, Judy and Mickey, Ginger and Fred, Grant and Dunne, Greer and Walter???? My best bet would be Lemmon and Matthau!!

Bette and Geo. were great in every one. 

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Shelbelle!

Honored Contributor

I will be on board with this movie!  George Brent, Merle Oberon, that is a couple to watch

Honored Contributor

I have seen One Way Passage several times. I do not think I ever saw Til We Meet Again. Will have to check it out.

I also will be watching Romance on the High Seas at 6pm. A fun movie to watch. Jack Carson's role is priceless. And there is quite a group of characters adding to the movie, including Doris Day.