Honored Contributor

HBO's True Detectives new season, Sunday, July 21st

Did anyone watch last night, besides me?   I really enjoyed it, but I don't think they can possibly outdo the duo from last year, but it looks like it will be a good season.

Respected Contributor

Re: HBO's True Detectives new season, Sunday, July 21st

Watched it and loved it - Colin Farrell (hope I got his name right) was great. Looking forward to next week.
Respected Contributor

I agree that's it's going to be tough to live up to last season. It got off to a slow start for me but I understand they were building the characters and it did get better as the show went along. Great cast, I think it'll be good.
Respected Contributor

This season got bad reviews but like you said hard to top last season. I liked it tho. Was a little nuts with all the story lines and characters, but it came together in the last scene.
Respected Contributor

Hi Hooty! I watched. Season 1 really set the bar high, but I enjoyed it. Good cast and characters. I guess HBO is taking a stand against bullies. Lol. Colin Farrell's character is seriously messed up.
Honored Contributor

Collin Ferrell is really messed up, cannot believe he went to that kid's house and beat his father like he did, I was totally shocked!   I cannot figure Vince Vaughn's role out just yet and their connection!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it yet but plan on watching it. Last year was great.

Honored Contributor

Anyone else watch last night?  I won't mention the spoiler in case some of you have not watched, but Colin Farrell is is a great actor, I have never really been a fan of his!

I am still confused on who is who, LOL!

Contributor

I am really enjoying it.  The acting has been great!  I am still confused by the story but it seems to be about corruption inside and outside of the law. I like how they use the image of the highway like a living thing...weaving in and out of the story.  I recognize many character actors along the way...Was that the singer, Rick Springfield as the strange Psychiatrist?  Colin Ferrell is really a strong actor and I like Vince Vaughn in his part as well.

Honored Contributor

Mayfair, you have good eyes  .............  yes, it was Rick Springfield, I was just reading about it!