Honored Contributor

Re: HBO bought the rights to "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" by Michelle McNamara

@LoriLori@Lilysmom Oh I surely hope so too!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I am shaking all over.  His last crime was 1981.  Although he has called at least one of his rape victims and likely more, to torment them, over the years.  "Remember when we played?"  "I'm going to kill you."  

If they have got him -- this is at least as big as when they caught the Unabomber.  This is --

-- no words.  Let it be him!!!

Honored Contributor

Wow!!!! I am going to have to read this book sooner versus later.....Any idea of how old he would be today?50's, 60's?

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN,

Which is exactly the right age.  He was in his 20s and very agile when he committed these sick paraphiliac crimes.  

And a local in California.  And allegedly a fired policeman which would explain his cleverness in eluding LE dozens and dozens of times.  He ticks off the boxes, with what little they've said about the arrest.

Patton Oswalt tweeted that yesterday was the first day of filming on the HBO documentary.  This is amazing.

I'm reading reactions from some of the victims so this must be true.  He had no accomplice.  Hope they televise the trial where the rape victims who weren't murdered but were brutalized in the moment and for the rest of their lives, testify in front of him and the world what a small ****** he has.

Honored Contributor

And it's him.   I read there's a DNA match and they're notifying victims.

Joseph James DeAngelo.  

What a normal name for one of the most depraved killers (if not the most depraved) ever.

at least 120 home burglaries (some sadistic)

45 incredibly twisted and sadistic rapes

and once someone ID's him, he started killing his victims -- 12 that they know of -- again in a horrifyingly sadistic way

he also killed at least one dog that we know of, probably more

Honored Contributor

Wow! Thank God he has been caught........

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori@CANDLEQUEEN, too scary.  I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.  Death is too easy for him.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori@CANDLEQUEEN, been out most of the day.  Just saw an interview on FB about the breaking news.  How weird is it that it happens now?  No wonder they had trouble nailing him with law enforcement background.  Eerie.  Actually makes my skin crawl.  Is there any indication that he was close to any of the investigations?  Wow, just wow!  LM

PS, got The Jinx, thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom @CANDLEQUEEN

I'm angry they specifically said Michelle's book was no help at all.  Sure.  Cold case for decades, she blogs, figures out crimes in different jurisdictions are connected, names him The Golden State Killer for goodness sakes, writes the book whicih then inspires two documentaries --

-- I call b.s.  There's no way Michelle's book didn't help.  It's all entirely too coincidental.  But politicians have to have their victory laps.  Poor Patton.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori, totally agree.  No wish to share the limelight.  LM