Honored Contributor

Re: HBO bought the rights to "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" by Michelle McNamara

@I like celery wrote:

@LoriLori  Did you see this past weekend's "48 Hours" episode?  I thought it was interesting, but I knew very little about this case.  It was probably all info you had already known, but may be worth watching On-Demand, if you didn't see it when it aired. 

@I like celery, hi!  My goodness seems like I haven't seen you in ages (since, ahem, Coty sale)...

...Yes, I couldn't stop myself from watching 48 Hours.  It was a rehash of old footage.  They're tripping over themselves to show existing programs and ID even pushed out a new one, very sloppily done.  

Because of the timing I'm very interested to know what, if anything, HBO does.  They paid a lot for the rights -- on April 9th.  He was arrested on the 25th (coincidence).

People Magazine did one on ID Discovery this week that was just recycled garbage with a word from Paul Holes, who caught him.  Don't waste your time.

ID Discovery has another, a four-parter called "Golden State Killer."  Watched that before they got him.  Decent but a lot of overlap with HLN's.

I recommend watching HLN's five-part "Unmasking a Killer.  That is the best, the one for which Sky bought (oops, not the European rights, I as wrong about those rights) the UK rights today.  The last episode of HLN's end on April 15 and he was arrested on the 25th (also coincidence).

And I wholeheartedly recommend the book.

Take care, thanks and good to see you, hope to see you around some more!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori, I am in Canada and, other than a short newspaper article about his arrest, there has been nothing here.  Thanks for pointing out the shows.  Will look for them.  Everything you wrote in the last two pages is news to me.  Thank heavens they got this guy.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@LoriLori, I am in Canada and, other than a short newspaper article about his arrest, there has been nothing here.  Thanks for pointing out the shows.  Will look for them.  Everything you wrote in the last two pages is news to me.  Thank heavens they got this guy.  LM

@Lilysmom, if you want updates, like not every single thing but important things, I'll be glad to.  Sadly I just read the story of a guy who did 38 years in prison for the rape of his ex-girlfriend and was exonerated recently because the DNA did not match.  Now they think it will turn out to be The Killer.

I think we will be hearing more stories like that, sadly.  38 years in prison when you know you're innocent and that creep is just getting going...sickening.

@AndiCat @CANDLEQUEEN