Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , I have seen all but the last episode and think the series is very well done.  I love the character Holly.  She was in the Mr. Mercedes trilogy also.  The series is true to the book as mentioned above and the book was a page turner for me.  LM

Trusted Contributor

I am looking forward to the last episode tonight. It has been a good series. .  

Respected Contributor

I've been watching the series, and loving it. Definitely suspensful, and eerie at times.

Cynthia Erivo is great as "Holly." She was also in "Harriett," which I haven't seen (but would like to), and her performance was nominated for an Academy Award. I didn't know of her, prior to watching this series, but I remember seeing her on the Academy Awards, and realizing who she is. She, also, sang a single from the "Harriet" soundtrack at the Academy Awards, and has a beautiful voice.  I googled her, after seeing her on the Academy Awards, and learned she's an accomplished Broadway actor, and had received a Tony for her performance in the revival of "The Color Purple." She won a Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album, too.  

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode, but bummed it's the finale. Can't believe how fast the series has flown by (for me)! 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Terrific series, I am enjoying every episode.  I have been a Stephen King fan since the beginning and always find his books excellent reading.  I also think the cast is a good one and the series comes across as the book.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HBO-The Outsiders

[ Edited ]

@lenapecci @spiderw @I like celery @Lilysmom @TurnerGal @Jordan2 

& Everyone watching this series... 

I'm not a Stephen King fan, so I can't believe that I have been captivated by this series, but I think it is because of the excellent cast of actors who drew me into the storyline.

I have a couple of questions....

I thought that the entity only took control of one person at a time?...We know that it has total control of Jack but we have now seen that it is starting to take control of Claude and his identity also, so I am confused about this?

Also, regarding Episode 8 (Foxhead)....At the very end of this episode, we see just the back of Jack sitting in the woods feasting on a deer...I noticed in this scene that Jack no longer has the rash on the back of his neck and very little of his face can be seen which has no more marks either...Did anyone else catch this and can you explain it?

I'm thinking that it may not have been Jack at all but could have possibly been Claude now that the entity has taken over his identity?

Is this making any sense?

It will be interesting to see how they are going to manage to wrap this all up in one hour in tonight's episode.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove  sorry I can't answer your questions as I am lost too! Hopefully by the end of tonight's episode some of your questions will be answered ( I say some because every show likes to leave the viewer with more questions)!

Honored Contributor

wildflowers

I have the last two episodes on my DVR and will tape tonight's too and then watch all three.  Therefore I can't comment on your questions but I do understand the confusion as it happens at times.

When you read King, he has pages and pages of character and events you are introduced to , lots to process.  Then there is a point where things start to make sense , come together and flow.  At the end  you know what is what and I'm sure the Outsider will reveal it all.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Jordan2 ...We can remain lost and confused together until tonight!...lol...I'm happy to see you posting...I hope that you are being gentle with yourself and taking good care.

Looking forward to tonight's episode...Ending should be quite interesting coming from Stephen King...We will probably be left with no real sense of finality of this entity!

I'm not usually into this type of show but I found it to be so very well done and it had my attention from the beginning.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Thanks @Jordan2 ...We can remain lost and confused together until tonight!...lol...I'm happy to see you posting...I hope that you are being gentle with yourself and taking good care.

Looking forward to tonight's episode...Ending should be quite interesting coming from Stephen King...We will probably be left with no real sense of finality of this entity!

I'm not usually into this type of show but I found it to be so very well done and it had my attention from the beginning.

Thank you @MyShadowLove. My mother has been gone for 5 weeks, I'm still struggling. My sister says I should speak to someone, I don't know, I'm not the type to open up to strangers (this is different, no one sees me).

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw ...Thanks so much for your reply!...There is definitely a lot that has to come together in just one hour, so it will be very interesting to see how everything unfolds.

This is certainly a very well done series, so I can only imagine becoming involved in one of his books...I think I will just leave it with the TV series as it has been quite enough for me to be able to handle...lol

I may just check into a couple of other series that I found available from the books he wrote...Castle Rock and The Mist.

Everyone enjoy the finale tonight!