Respected Contributor

starts Monday January 13.  

*Paolo Sorrentino returns with his second papal story, this time focusing on the mysterious, besuited, eyeliner-wearing New Pope — aka Sir John Brannox, played by John Malkovich. Set after the events of “The Young Pope” and still involving Lenny Belardo (Jude Law) to a better-left-undisclosed extent, the new nine-episode season focuses on finding a successor to Lenny’s Old Testament reign, along with the political turmoil associated with swinging too far in a new direction. If that sounds a bit stuffy, have no fear: The teaser trailer that lit the internet on fire isn’t a publicity stunt: Lenny’s bikini-clad beach walk is an actual scene from Season 2. Even with a New Pope in the spotlight, there’s loads more insanity to behold — including guest performances from Sharon Stone and Marilyn Manson(!).

*taken from indiewire 

Who will be watching?

Respected Contributor

Re: HBO Series.... The New Pope

Its been so long since the first season I havent a clue whats happening!

Respected Contributor

It has been a long time since The Young Pope was aired.  Maybe they will show the previous episodes before next Monday to build back the viewer base?  

I hope so!

Respected Contributor

@jpie   Thanks for the reminder just set my video.

Esteemed Contributor

thanks ,  got it set up to record th season !    I like everything Jude Law is in,  I find him so handsome and a good actor.

Honored Contributor

I have watched the show since the beginning, I don't love it. I watched the new season episode last night, it's really not for me, I'm out. I watch and DVR so much on Mondays, I won't miss this.

Respected Contributor

I just finished the first episode.  It was very, very slow. The voting, and the counting, went on and on, way too long. I suppose it had to be this way to set-up the new scenario.  I think it will be much more interesting as the season progresses. It did pick up in the last few minutes.

I do understand why you are done @Jordan2  after the first episode though!

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I just finished the first episode.  It was very, very slow. The voting, and the counting, went on and on, way too long. I suppose it had to be this way to set-up the new scenario.  I think it will be much more interesting as the season progresses. It did pick up in the last few minutes.

I do understand why you are done @Jordan2  after the first episode though!

@jpie there were times I almost turned the show off. I usually stick with a show to the bitter end, since it's not a favorite of mine, I am willing to give up on it. 

Honored Contributor

bored-expression-smiley-emoticon.gifBored!.gifboring.gif

6 episodes in & the Pope is still in a coma yet starting to stir.  I'm done. 

SEE YA!    🎶To the left, to the left.......🎶

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif