Respected Contributor

"Let Him Go" was so good but a heart breaker.  Kevin Costner and Diane Lane star in it.

Anyone else see it?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,  I could not imagine any child let alone my  Grandson living with such cruel people. The story is believable in that  the situation probably does occur. The  part where  Kevin Costner is attacked  was  really a surprise. Diane Lane and  Kevin Costner did a very good job of acting.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Yes,  I could not imagine any child let alone my  Grandson living with such cruel people. The story is believable in that  the situation probably does occur. The  part where  Kevin Costner is attacked  was  really a surprise. It was a sad movie  , however they helped their Grandson & his Mother escape.

I know!  I was on the edge of my chair through almost the whole movie.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler ahead: It was rather predictable. I knew there would be a death at the end and knew there would be whispering like she did with the horse. I hate when I figure stuff out ahead of time. I would rather have a surprise ending.

Respected Contributor

We really enjoyed it, too.

Esteemed Contributor

The acting was very good, particularly by Diane Lane. And, Kevin Costner still has great charisma on the screen....even in a role like the one he played in this movie.

Valued Contributor

I loved this movie.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched this on Friday, it was so good! I knew someone would die as well. What a crazy mixed up family, Wow!!!! You have to wonder how much the woman knew about this man she was marrying, or did she just feel desperate? 

I kept putting myself in Diane Lane's character's place, and wow I would have done the same thing, imagine that poor boy's life!!!!!

Very well done movie! 

Honored Contributor

Well done and the acting was credible but the unnecessary violence turned my stomach. A film I won't be recommending to anyone...

Respected Contributor

So glad many of you liked this movie!  Like "Slingblade"  I liked it very much even though there was violence.

I am grateful as always to all who answer my posts.  Big thank you!