Honored Contributor

HAS ANYONE ELSE READ ABOUT JUDGE JUDY NEW SHOW

THE other day I was on the internet and reading some odd ball stories.

I came across a story about the Judge Judy show has been cancelled as of this year. The network will broadcast any new episodes and rerun episodes till contract expires at end of year.

Judge Judy, herself, has developed a new show Judy says or something like that. The way I was reading the story this will be a judging type show but it sounds like we will watch cases and she and someone will discuss the twists and turns in the court proceedings. She will also do court cases as well on this show. 

To me this almost reminds me of a variety show. This new show is apparently in production now and will begin in 2021 sometime.

how true this is I don't know. It was just an interesting story.

Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE READ ABOUT JUDGE JUDY NEW SHOW

I read this story online about 2 weeks ago. It was discussed here to some degree.

She stated that it was time to leave CBS after 25 years and move on. I will be watching to see what it's like.

Honored Contributor

From what I read her new show will be in conjunction with CBS so she isn't leaving it. She probably decided it was "time to move on" because CBS paid her $100 million for the rights to her show.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
From what I read her new show will be in conjunction with CBS so she isn't leaving it. She probably decided it was "time to move on" because CBS paid her $100 million for the rights to her show.

For that kind of money, I'd be happy to move on!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The new show will be called, “Judy Justice.” She announced the big news during an interview.. 

...“I've had a 25-year-long marriage with CBS and it's been successful. Next year will be our 25th season, silver anniversary, and CBS, I think felt they wanted to optimally utilize the repeats of my program. Because now they have 25 years of reruns. So, what they decided to do was to sell a couple of years worth of reruns.

But I'm not tired, so 'Judy Justice' will be coming out a year later."

" 'Judge Judy,’ you'll be able to see next year -- a full year, all new shows. With a ponytail!” she added. The following couple of years, you should be able to catch all the reruns that CBS has sold to the stations that are currently carrying ‘[Judge] Judy,’ ...and ‘Judy Justice’ will be going elsewhere. Isn't that fun?"...

Respected Contributor

Judge Judy produces a show that has been on the air for 3 or 4 years now called "Hot Bench."  She doesn't appear on the show, but there are three judges presiding over cases.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy Hot Bench too and watch it when I am home.  When I first heard there were going to be three judges I thought no way this is going to be so cantankerous but they actually work well together.

Respected Contributor

@viva923CBS paid her millions for her shows and now owns them  CBS wants to make good their investment and to run her shows  over the next 25 years. So JudgeJudy will produce her new show.

Honored Contributor

I have watched a couple of the Judy Justice shows and they are not even half as interesting as the Judge Judy show was!  She has one case on each show and it just drags out.  She has a court reporter on one side of her and her granddaughter sitting on the other side of her.  And, of course, she got rid of her old bailiff, Byrd, who I really liked, and replaced him with another one.  I just don't think it's a very good show.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

i've watched a couple of episodes and that was enough. It just misses the mark, after watching her old format, for years. it's slow and too staged.

i enjoy watching Hot Bench, which is a judge judy creation.