Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARDENMAN!!!

@AuntG wrote:

Happy birthday gardenman. Are those eagles still flying?

Thanks, Auntg! The Eagles are flapping their wings like mad and barely staying airborne, but next week will tell more of the story when Dallas comes to Philly. It's been another bad year with injuries. We'll be missing probably seven of the opening day starters (out of 22) for Sunday's game against Washington, and we're down to a rookie wide receiver and a couple of guys off the practice squad for our receiving corps come Sunday. We're still in the hunt to win the NFC East despite it all, but it's been an ugly year with injuries. If the team could get healthy, they could go on a bit of a run. It's that getting healthy part that's been the problem. A win this week against the Redskins and next week against Dallas and a Dallas loss to the Rams, would lock up the East for the Eagles and they could then rest the starters in week 17 to prepare for the playoffs and maybe get a bit healthier.

The injuries this year have just been ridiculous. DeSean Jackson, gone for the year in week two. Alshon Jeffery also injured in week two, but then was back and forth the rest of the season until Sunday when he got lost for the year. We lost three or four defensive tackles to injuries. Nelson Agholor (another wide receiver) is dinged up and missing games. Jordan Howard, our starting running back has been out with a shoulder injury the last four or five weeks. Jason Peters our starting left offensive tackle has only played a few complete games without having to leave due to an injury. The list goes on and on and on. It's just been one of those years, but the playoffs are in reach. Win the next two games and we're in. I don't think we'll last too long once we're in, but you never know what will happen.

Amazon does their "All or Nothing" series where they follow a football team for a whole season. This year they're following the Eagles. It'll be interesting to watch that when it airs in June/July to see what and all they saw and show. In a perfect world, the Eagles will overcome the injuries, rally and make it to the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl. That would create lots of drama for Amazon, but it's pretty unlikely. Still, you never know. If you can get into the playoffs, anything can happen. DeSean Jackson could be back for the second round of the playoffs if the Eagles make it that far. That could tilt things a bit more in favor of the Eagles. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your reply @gardenman .  I am so glad you live in a safe area!  Wishing you an early Merry Christmas and wonderful 2020!

Suzie

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see I am late to the party. Still wishing you a happy birthday.

Valued Contributor

DHappy Birthday, Gardenman!

Hope it's So much Fun!

Monke~

Respected Contributor

@gardenman  Wishing you are wonderful birthday! I'm hoping for a winter season of Big Brother, that would be a nice birthday gift. 

Contributor

Happy Birthday Gardenman!  I hope your birthday is as special as you!