Honored Contributor

Re: H and I tv channel - some good oldies

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Will try to check it out, if we have it.

Today is my day to watch DVRs of ‘As Time Goes By’.  😃

I don't know how I missed that one, @Drythe 

Judi Dench, what else does one need?  Woman Very Happy

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Out in the forest here, we have Dish. 🌳🌳 🌳🌳🌳

Options are a bit limited.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Out in the forest here, we have Dish. 🌳🌳 🌳🌳

@Drythe 

🦌🦊⛅ 🌳🌳 🌳🌳🌳  I think I would be OK with a limited selection if I could live in a forest!  🌳🌳 🌳🌳🌳  🦌🦊⛅ 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  OK, I had to 'dial' it in.  I found it.  But it's not in HD something or other.  It's blury to me.  I couldn't look at it for very long.

I think I'm used to watching everything turned into HD.  You maybe have basic cable?  My friend has that.  There are higher number channels she can't get.  Maybe (like me) you can get all of them too.

I have to pay more money to get the higher channels and channels like STARZ, and HBO, etc.

It just bothers me when I want to watch anything and I can't.  THAT's why I subscribe to every single channel you can get, every channel.

I want to enjoy everything I can while I still can enjoy it.  I don't mind paying for anything especially when it comes to my TV viewing (Ha!).  My mother was a TV nut, my brother is a TV nut and one of my daughters is also.

We just love looking at all of TV.  Maybe someone knows if the lower number channels any of them have HD on them.

My TV isn't a smart TV (don't want one, worry they work BOTH ways), maybe smart TV's convert the lower numbers into HD.

Thanks for looking that up.  Once again, I've learned something new.  I appreciate it.  I wish it was on HD.  When I clicked over it was one of the very old game shows.  I love seeing how hair has changed, clothes, etc.

Funny, but the more things change, the more they come back to styles, etc.  Fondly, Annabellethecat.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Out in the forest here, we have Dish. 🌳🌳 🌳🌳

@Drythe 

🦌🦊⛅ 🌳🌳 🌳🌳🌳  I think I would be OK with a limited selection if I could live in a forest!  🌳🌳 🌳🌳🌳  🦌🦊⛅ 

@GingerPeach 

We are very fortunate.  It is a good bit of work though.

I’m giving the doggies a bit of peanut butter.

Actually wipe it on their whiskers!  It keeps them busy for a good while

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

This station doesn't broadcast in HD, at least in my area.  These old shows weren't made in HD, but I still watch it. No, it's not as sharp, and my eyes are just as old as yours.

Exception: if an old show had been shot on film, it could be transferred to a higher resolution for broadcast, but it depends on the station doing the broadcasting.  If it was shot on tape, it'll never look as good.

My tv lineup has hundreds of channels in non-HD and hundreds in HD.

It's not a smart tv, either.

Honored Contributor

That "peanut butter on the whiskers" is a brilliant idea.  And no Kong toy to put in the dishwasher afterward!  Thanks, @Drythe 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  I remember when it was a big deal when TV changed over to HD.

I sit a little way from the big TV.  It's a stretch to see things in HD and not be blurry!  

I'm too lazy to put on my glasses as I don't need them to read....

My eyes can no longer counter wearing glasses and what's needed to read even wearing them.

My Dr actually told me my eyes were getting better as far as being able to read....but she said that meant my distance sight was getting worse??? Whatever!  I'm sure I mixed something up but ....again...whatever.  Ha!

Take care and have a good week ahead.  My TV in my bedroom (it comes from the wall and moves around) is smaller.  I lay/sit in bed closer to it and I might try watching some of those lower number channels there.

I go back and forth all day long (i.e. TV room to bedroom, back and forth) constantly.

As I said, I'm like you in that I do enjoy the old(er) shows.  I especially enjoy seeing shows before some of this 'correct' things came into play.  A lot of the changes are good, (like some of the entertainment shows).  However, some of the changes are just dumb.

But most of all it's fun to see game shows that are no longer on the air.

I just love it when anyone wins anything.  I don't wish it was me who was winning, I just like that someone wins something.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

OMG!  Watching QVC just now Carolyn had to send (on air) for someone to bring her glasses that she couldn't read the cards or TV in front of her!

We're all in the same boat.  Live long enough and eventually we're all in the same boat.  Man!  That BOAT is getting full...Ha!

Honored Contributor

Annabellethecat - Maybe if you try Heros and Icons TV channel, you might find it.