Honored Contributor

H and I tv channel - some good oldies

Yesterday I discovered I have a channel called H and I tv.  

At its online site (handitv.com) I see it's fairly nationwide.

I spent some of yesterday tuning in and out to oldies like the original MacGyver, Martial Law, Renegade (with a long-haird Lorenza Lamas), and The District (with Craig Nelson and Justin Theroux - Jennifer Aniston's ex).

During the week the channel shows Jag and more.  There is a simple one page schedule on the site.

It also shows all the iterations of the Star Trek series for when you're in the mood for those.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: H and I tv channel - some good oldies

@GingerPeach  I have Comcast.  I live on the East Coast.  I get 'supposedly' every channel on this TV.

My handset has a 'thing' that I can talk into and tell it where to go.

I said several times "Go to "H and I" and it said something like "no channel" or it took me to other sites.

I don't think I can get that channel.  It might be called something else on comcast.

I know there are channels that play old TV shows like you mentioned.  However, they are named that channel.

Perhaps other's in the US have that channel or can mention what it's called on Comcast East.

Thanks for your input though.  Perhaps there are people in your area that might want to look at it.

I remember watching those shows.  Sometimes I'll go back and look at some of them.  Often they are offered on Netflix, etc. too.

I know supposedly 'new' shows are supposed to be good.  A few now and then are. 

But maybe I'm an 'old foggie' but I think many of the old shows are way, way better than some of the slop (sorry to be so brutal but that's the way I feel) offered today.

I'm the first one to admit I watch shows some might call slop (and I'd probably agree...sometimes), but I also think they need not 'redo' them because often they are 'killed' by the politically correct jury.

What everyone must remember we can learn (good or bad) from the past.  If we obliterate the past we will never be able to learn from it going forward.

However, that said, I also believe (mostly) that they were great shows just as they were and leave them alone and let us enjoy them...thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Will try to check it out, if we have it.

Today is my day to watch DVRs of ‘As Time Goes By’.  😃

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I liked the District when it was first on tv.  I'm happy to see it again and am enjoying it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach.  Yes, I get that channel. We have Optimum cable. NY/NJ area.

Honored Contributor

Comcast on the East coast and I don't get that channel.  Tried all combinations.  Handitv.  HI, H and I.  I get most of what Comcast offers except for a few of their packages that aren't related to your description of Handitv.

We do get similar oldies channels, though.  Sundance, MeTV, and TVLand.  

Respected Contributor

Moved 2 years ago and when they were building these homes they wired them for Verizon.  I've been watching this channel ever since.  I loved JAG (it's on Wednesdays).  They just finished showing the last show and once they do that they start it over again.  I like old House reruns as well.  

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Will try to check it out, if we have it.

Today is my day to watch DVRs of ‘As Time Goes By’.  😃

@Drythe I don’t exactly know why I like that show...it is so slow-paced....,but I do!

Valued Contributor

We get it here in NC on Spectrum. My guilty pleasure is Nash Bridges on Mondays. 

Replays of Miami Vice are on CozyTV ...which we don't get. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

According to the handitv.com site, in one area of Virginia, Comcast has the channel here:

Roanoke / WDBJ
Over the air7.2
Comcast197/1163 / 227/1198

I saw no other Comcast airings in VA. Hope that works for you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.