Honored Contributor

Gypsy - Netflix show - huh???

Anyone see this series on Netflix?  If so, what did you think of it?  It caught my attention because Naomi Watts is in it and I think she is a terrific actor.  I watched an episode or two and thought --- mehhh --- not that great, but perhaps it will get better.  

There were parts that were pretty good, but the rest ---- ehhh --- disgusting.  I guess she acted her part well because I was so annoyed and put off with her!  I kept saying --- lady --- what is wrong with you??? You seem to have everything but you are a train wreck.... 

I almost stopped watching it several times but I stubbornly watched it until the end because I wanted to see how it all ended up.

I was unhappy with the ending because I thought, as so many shows are these days, no real ending and nothing really solved or played out!

What did you all think?  I felt like I wasted my time because I really wanted to see her caught for all the ways she played people and negatively disrupted their lives -- not to mention -- messed up her own home life.

Did I miss something -- did she have a particular mental illness or personality disorder that she was diagnosed for?  I might have dozed off her and there!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Gypsy - Netflix show - huh???

Grandson was not allowed to use "gypsy". Had to say Romany. This was in high school.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gypsy - Netflix show - huh???

I watched this probably a year ago so I don't really remember all the details but I think I enjoyed it. NW plays a different type of character and was unethical to say the least.